Johnson's Wax

In Honor of the recent paste wax thread, and specifically, in honor of Johnson's Paste Wax, I'm uploading an episode of Fibber McGee and Molly, sponsored by Johnson's Wax and Glocoat, to abpw.

This is a Big file - 6.9 megs, and mostly on topic. The episode (#229) is entitled "McGee Builds a Doghouse" and was first broadcast January 2, 1940.

For other episodes, lurk in the alt.binaries.sounds.radio.* groups until something interesting comes by. There are an additional episodes 698 in the series known to exist.

Copyright has long since expired on this series, so all the armchair lawyers can rest easy.

Enjoy.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Johnson's Paste Wax, I'm

Glocoat, to abpw.

The classic line from Molly, "Ain't funny McGee", lives to this day.

Some of us would do well to remember McGee's closet, another comic standard for another era.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I was just listening to that episode a few nights ago. Pretty funny. I have what's supposed to be a complete set of FM&M. It's interresting to hear some of the characters who didn't get billing and later became famous in thier own light. So far I've picked out Harold Parry long before his Guildersleeve roles and even after they called him Guildersleeve he was all sorts of characters other than the water comishioner. I also noticed Gale gordon (Mr. Mooney from I Love Lucy and the principal from Our Miss Brooks). He was the guy Fibber kept running into and couldn't remember who he was. Odd how you can remember voices so well. Thank heaven for MP3, I can get 99 half hour shows on one CD.

73 Gary
Reply to
Gary