CA glue

Can anyone recommend something to put on an MDF jig to prevent CA glue from sticking to it? I tried carnauba wax, but this didn't work. I can't use tape because the jig is a tapered disc.

Reply to
Jim Staley

Pardon my stupidity, but what is "CA" glue?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
tom&sue

Superglue

TeamCasa

In that case, most any plastic you can fasten to the surface of the MDF.

Can't do that, build a new jig from plastic, it's done every day.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Your fingers. I have found that this is the material it most prefers to stick to, at the exclusion of all else.

Reply to
DL

Sorry Lew, I meant to say that CA is Superglue (cryanoacrylate) Dave

TeamCasa

Talcum powder

TeamCasa

CA sticks to almost anything.

Can you use another glue? What about removing the CA with acetone?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

CyanoAcrylate

Odinn

Wax paper? Saran Wrap maybe? Poly on the jig may also work. My main assembly table is made of MDF w/ about 8 coats of poly (it sux it up like a sponge) any type of glue (even 2 part epoxy) just pops off w/ a puddy knife after its dry.

Can you describe the type of jig and why your using CA glue?

Reply to
Rob V

Polyethylene. HD, UHD...or any density for that matters.

Nothing sticks to it. AFAIK

Reply to
Robatoy

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:27:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hodgett quickly quoth:

Hints: It's not from California and it's not of Canuckistani origin.

OK, it's Cyano-Acrylate glue, aka SuperGlue.

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

-- Wisearse Website Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Easiest is clear plastic packaging tape.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

Saran wrap? or plastic shrink wrap the type used to package skids or small items for mailing etc

Reply to
ks