Paste Wax Finish Question

Is there anything wrong with applying a paste wax over a clear acrylic sealer spray (gloss). The existing gloss is closer to a satin look. Just don't know how acrylic spray and paste wax co-exist.

-TIA

Reply to
buck

IF there is, I have yet to see it (after many years).

I have a natural affinity for paste wax -- it just smells go-o-o-od on wood. Paste Wax feels good on wood. Somehow, paste wax is comforting. Maybe like a Vanilla candle.

OK, so I'm weird... but I' m not alone :-)

Reply to
Steve

Thanks for reply Steve..... Will check out some good brands. Also, I like your Apache Trail web page.... Very nice layout and a real nice Workshop/Tools. The kids aren't too bad either.

Reply to
buck

Not unless there is a chemical squabble between the two (doubtful but always better to experiment on the side). I use paste as a topper over several finishes. Not only does it add a nice satin sheen, it provides a little more surface durability. Most of my experience so far has been with MinWax paste but I plan to try others in the future.

Reply to
RonB

The tried and true way of knowing is to test a scrap piece. I apply wax (Johnson's Paste Wax) to many of my projects, but I usually wait a month or two for the finish (paint, poly, oil, shellac, etc) to fully cure and harden.

Reply to
Phisherman

No you're not, bruddah, no you're not.

Reply to