Paste Wax

Finally got the Rigid TS3650. It took 8 whole days after moving into the new house before I got enough time to go get it and put it together. I did install the two garage door openers and ran two 20 amp GFCI circuits to the thrid bay of the garage first (115 feet of conduit in all), so don't think I was sitting on my tail.

I meant to ask this question before, but it slipped my mind: What is paste wax? You know, the stuff you are supposed to treat the table top with?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Hedley

I think paste wax is like the old wax we used to use to wax a car with. I've never use paste wax on a saw top but back in the day I did use parafin. For the last several years I've only use a product called Top-Cote. I think a lot of the people here use it. It comes in a spray can and although somewhat more expensive, works great and seems to last pretty well.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Meguires furniture wax, Johnsons Paste wax. Anything that does NOT have silicone in it. Lowes used to carry Johnson's Paste wax in the yellow tin.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Butcher's White Diamond Bowling Alley Wax also has no silicone.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

They still do. I bought a tin this week, only to discover the old half full tin out in the shop a day later. And it's the red stripe tin. Legend has it that the red stripe tin is better because it's banned in Kalifornia. Or Somesuch.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Lobby Dosser wrote in news:bUykf.1069$Jg5.891@trnddc07:

You also want to make certain that the wax doesn't have any anti-slip agents added. Wax, for this purpose at least, should be as slick as reasonably possible.

I use Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax. Or Liberon's. Or one of the others. There's more wax in the shop than I'll use in the next ten years, I'm sure.

Congrats on the new home, and on the new saw. Enjoy both.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Lowes still has it.. only place I can find it.. big, ugly yellow can for 4 or 5 bucks...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Has to be a myth.. only kind I've seen is with the red stripe and we're about as central in CA as you can get.. (Fresno area)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

At least some True Value hardware stores also carry the Johnson's paste wax. I'm lucky to have one just down the road that carries it as well as a couple of other types of paste wax including bowling alley wax. Can't imagine how much of that they sell in a year...

John Emmons

Reply to
John Emmons

ANY _good_ paint store will have canned paste wax.

Butcher's and Johnson's have already been mentioned, but there's also Trewax, Briwax, etc...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Reply to
nospambob

Maybe it was Kanuckistan?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

That's a possibility... no telling what they might wax there..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Ice.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Now *that's* funny. "As slick as waxed ice." I like it.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique