Removing Wax on Stone?

We had a candle spew hot wax onto the stone hearth of our fireplace.

Any ideas on how to remove it without leaving any marks behind?

I'm thinking the iron and wads of paper towels.

I ruled out the blowtorch option as a great way to leave a charred mess behind.

Reply to
Mister Sensitive

From a

search I found a suggestion for wax removal:

Candle Wax or Chewing Gum on Hard Surface Floors

Freeze the material to brittleness by using ice cubes. Then scrape the material off the floor with a plastic spatula.

Reply to
Art

The problem is removing the residue oil stain. Try thinner or Lundmarks Wax remover.

Reply to
m Ransley

I had the exact same problem, red wax dripped from the mantle to the quarry stone hearth and the facing stone. I believe it's a sandstone. I tried everything to no avail. I got off all of the wax that I could. The stone was stained. So I got a color chart from a Sherwin Williams store and got a latex paint that was close to the color of the stone. The stones were different shades so an exact match wasn't necessary. I painted the stone a couple of times and you would never know that it had been painted. I think I may have thinned the paint a little so it would soak in. And I got a bonus. We have a heat-a-lator fire box. There are two intakes on the bottom sides of the opening and two outlets on the top. It has a fan. It draws the air in the bottom, heats it in the metal chamber and blows it out the top. A couple years ago I converted to non-vented gas logs. I bought a sandy substance at the paint store. This is for adding to paint to paint steps, ramps etc. to provide traction. I mixed some with the "fireplace" paint and painted the grilles for the heat-a-lator and the gas line which was on the hearth at the back after coming in from the side of the house. They all blended in beautifully!

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Someone please quickly dissuade me from cranking up the blowtorch...

Thanks,

Mister Sensitive

Reply to
Mister Sensitive