Are you supposed to tip a freight delivery driver?

Bill

I agree. I was referring to deadbeats and stiffs that try to take advantage of freight handlers.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I know some girls who have that same attitude. And they will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I won't.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

OMIGAWD. A lucid reasonable human being!

Reply to
Steve B

Think "golf".

"The shank is the portion or part of an iron where the club face and hosel meet. When a golfer hits the ball in that area of the club head it produces a unwanted ball reaction which is called and widely accepted as a "shank."

no(SPAM)vasys

It does take balls.

Reply to
Leon

There are those these days with moral conflicts about paddling their children or letting some one else take charge in the parents absence. As a result, see see higher crime rates. Some one needs to help teach our children right from wrong and it is a 24 hour a day job. School officials can indeed loose their jobs and that too is a damn shame. Discipline with a witnesses should be allowed. I would much rather see our children grow up to have a respect for the law and to be good citizens. IMHO child abuse is letting a child grow up with no respect for right and wrong.

Reply to
Leon

Crime rates have been steadily declining over the past 20 years....

Reply to
Locutus

I do not believe that for one moment. Perhaps in certain areas but as a whole certainly up an especially in New Orleans and Houston.

Reply to
Leon

A child acting like a child is normal. An adult acting like a child has something wrong with him at best.

Reply to
J. Clarke

New Orleans and Houston are not "a whole". Violent crime in the United States has declined about 35 percent since 1991. .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hurts, but if the cane is swung too vigorously it can do serious injury--if the caner gets too vigorous then the doctor stops the show. And it's not really all that much worse than a good paddling with a wooden paddle.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yes, and in today's society makes as much sense as getting out of your car to correct that driver that just cut you off.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Locutus" wrote

Can you provide cites? And what country is that?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Sure, we've redefined crimes. Society now accepts bad behavior

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The US as a whole.

Locutus

c'mon.. that is not true at all.

Reply to
Locutus

I have done that too although my wife was not impressed. I did wait until the SOB cut me off a second time on the same street. He rolled his window up quickly.

Reply to
Leon

Well I stand corrected then. Where it is down I suspect the kids were properly disciplined.

Reply to
Leon

I'll have to beliece that you hit the nail on the head. Spanking your child was probably considered a crime.

Reply to
Leon

"J. Clarke" wrote

A child running through a restaurant screaming is normal behavior?

Not in my family. It is unacceptable behavior that is promptly addressed.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B