Concreting a driveway?

Has any one else tried this with a brick trowel besides my next door neighbour?

He had 2 cubic metres of concrete dropped off at 12.15 and he is still trying to lay it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Photos or YouTube Please.

Your Next-door neighbours should have their own TV show.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Later. I am still recordingn and they have not finished yet. When he told me yesterday that the concrete was coming it was my duty to aim my camera straight onto their driveway.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Classic. He's a very funny bloke.

I guess he never reads up on the jobs he is about to do.

Reply to
Steve Firth

and

for the final surface.

The YouTube will take a little longer.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Looking forward to it, as usual!

Does your neighbour know he's a youtube star?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Yes, but he has not seen all the videos:-)

He knows I have cameras and he knows some of them are on YouTube (he likes the cameras as when his Landie was vandalised he found out who did it) and he roughly knows the whereabouts of my cameras.

Paul (my neighbour) also asked me to cover his garden as someone was messing about with his chickens at night. Now what sort of saddo sneaks around and puts Cadburys Cream Eggs, hard boiled eggs and a cardboard egg box full of "gold spray painted eggs" into his chicken coup at night?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

You are fortunate to have such a rich source of entertainment so readily to hand! I love the egg prank. It closely resembles the fun many of the locals had when the Hasholme Boat was discovered and the area became infested with archaeologists and metal detectorists. Old tins, bits of ironwork, rotten eggs and much other stuff was buried in likely spots for them to enjoy finding.

Reply to
cynic

Much better fun than the last lot who lived there. The last tenants were in their late 50's and alcoholics (one of them was insane).

Paul still thinks that his brother has done the egg pranks.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I like his Defender .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Well we are not far from you. He does the off roading at Frickley.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Heh, thought I might have seen it before .. but then there's a lot of Orange ones about recently it seems .. :)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

?v=Yw8rBlJvFcI

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It was green last year.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Can you do time-lapse video?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What's the spirit level used for?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Andy Burns

Levelling the girlfriend.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Already linked to them,

?v=Yw8rBlJvFcI
the final one will up later.

My cat has been eyeing the concrete up, so expect some paw prints in the morning.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That'll be fun with a frost on it...

Did they get another load or is what we saw arrive in the vid it? If so it can't be very thick, how long do you think it will be before it's started to crack and breakup? Will they keep the cars off it until it's properly cured (couple of weeks)?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice