Concreting a driveway?

Dave Liquorice

You have seen the end product. Between 2 and 4 inchs thick.

The CCTV is playing up ATM but I do have clip of Paul asking "Adam, do you believe that I have done all that with just this trowel?" And that was after I started the thread!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Will the handbrakes last that long?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I don't care. I bought the girlfriend a Mini on Sunday, hid it away until this morning and then gave it to her (no rude comments please). Now some wanker pulled out in front of her and wrote it off a few hours ago.

And it was a proper Mini not a rebaged BMW.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I hadn't read that far.

Do they have to be cat paw prints, or could you make some rubber yeti feet ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Given the majority of it was levelled with the trowel, it looked no worse than the initial bit levelled with the length of wood, he seemed to find some sort of float in the last few seconds ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think it will have gone off before the cat has much chance to make its mark. Readymix is unforgiving stuff if you dont get it down sharpish once it has been tipped.

Reply to
cynic

I doubt very much that the cat could have damaged the finished surface:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Indeed. I was watching some guys repairing concrete hard standing at work a few hot summers ago. It seemed to be a full load, to be spread over an irregular area, about 6 inches deep. They lost the struggle, didn't manage to level it, and ended up having to dig it all out again a few days later.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

A better picture for you here.

wheels should all be like the ones on the rear, however the front tyres were slashed a few weeks ago.

When he's back off roading I'll let you know, you can have a go in it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I thought the fronts looked a tad 'normal' .. ;)

I haven't been out for a while, currently on SORN while I attend to a few minor issues .. and a temporary (hopefully) cashflow deficit situation ..

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You can still join us even if you have not got your 4WD.

Your emails is not valid so I'll ask via the group, can you recommend somewhere out Donny way for off roading?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Just off Bawtry road, Hurst Lane towards Finningley/Robin Hood Airport. Can't remember the name of the place I've only been once and it's mostly only on once a month, but I can find out later so I'll post back.

Located here ..

Paul - xxx

My dad did his driveway in sections. For the first section, he probably underestimated the work, and the readymix driver got out and helped spread it (this was about 55 years ago;-). He was OK on the other sections though.

Their neighbour at the time was keen on servicing his car, and having seen my dad doing our drive, decided to do his. He dug a service pit and lined it with shuttering ready for the readymix lorry. Lorry turned up and dumped its pile. They set to, spreading it, dropping it down the shuttering, and got it all in place in time. However, there was still a large pile of unused concrete on the drive - they'd ordered much too much. After a lot of pondering on what you do with a large pile of surpless cement which is going hard, it ended up being pushed into the pit, as there was nowhere else to put it.

The house has changed hands many times since then, and we always wondered what would happen if someone moved in and decided to dig up the garage floor to make a pit, only to find 6' of solid concrete:-) Fortunately pits have now gone out of fashion, and DIY car servicing too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Nice neighbourhood, no wonder you have CCTV! Hope they found the towrags that did it.

DVLA has some interesting things to say about it.

The vehicle details for H210 GFW are:

Date of Liability 01 03 2011 Date of First Registration 10 04 1991 Year of Manufacture 1991 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2495CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Heavy Oil Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour GREEN Vehicle Type Approval

And ASKMID has no record of it.

Does he use it on the road and has he informed them of the colour change?

Reply to
Bill

That was interesting. How do you get that for someone else's car?

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

need to know the registration number and make.

Reply to
John Williamson

A few years ago I completed a similar enquiry just to see what information they had on my car. The information I got back indicated that I had skipped a whole year without MOT(!), but had insurance and road tax OK.

So after that little excitement, I got the car MOT'd pretty damm quick lest there was some big brother programmed subroutine on the website like..

"well, now he's aware of his mistake - let's see if he does anything about it..."

Reply to
Adrian C

His exs new bloke slashed the tyres.

He's not the sort of person that will notify the DVLA of a colour change!

It must be insured as he was stopped for not wearing a seatbelt last week. The police brought him back to the house to produce the documents as he was only half a mile from home. If the insurance was not valid then they would have taken the car.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Damn. Sorry to hear it.

Reply to