OT: Bloody Royal Mail

You've interrupted again. How hypocritical of you.

Anyway, down here, the wh is silent. So the 'n' in 'an' stays. Just like 'an hotel', which I'm sure you've come across.

Why make generalisations then if you can't or won't specify what they mean?

As for raining in Scotland, it DOES mean every single day....ALL day. Anyone south of the border can tell you that.

You must not be very particular then, buying s**te you've never seen up close.

BTW are you CORGI-certified (ar at least on the Gas Safe Register) for moving gas lines?

If you can't be precise and expect people to guess what you mean, better say nothing at all.

Switching windows for me is unnecessary. I just can't be bothered. If I want to look at websites, I'll look at websites. If I want to be on Usenet, I'll be on Usenet.

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

On 09:29 27 Jan 2019, The Peeler snipped-for-privacy@TheRevd.invalid wrote in news:q2jtnb$pme$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

So "Steven" is another Rod Speed nym. I should have guessed. Well spotted.

Reply to
Pamela

I had good reason to, you were speaking daft.

Do you also say "erb" instead of "herb"? Is the H so difficult for you to pronounce?

"An 'otel" is fine, but some people actually say "an hotel", or "an historic event".

Because it's obvious to most English speakers.

That's an exaggeration. At the moment for example, it's dull, with an inch of snow on the ground, but not precipitating.

If it's not up to standard, I return it or get a full/partial refund:

2500mAh AA Li-Ion batteries, I tested them as 400mAh. Full refund, I got to keep the batteries. 4K video camera, only gives out HD quality, 50% refund. 20Ah Li-Ion emergency car starter, I tested it as 10Ah, 50% refund.

It's MY gas line, I'll do whatever I like with it. It's not rocket science to test for leaks.

Humans don't need precision, only computers need that.

It's no hassle for me to do more than one thing at a time, because my brain and my computer are easily capable of it. At the moment, I'm doing about 5 things.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You had good reason to WHAT? Are you answering a question that wasn't there?

The leading haitch is silent.

Because the haitches are silent.

I don't know what sort of English speakers you're familiar with, but it's not.

If it hasn't rained yet today, it will. It always does.

So you end up paying half price for s**te. What a deal!

It's NOT yours to do what you like with. That's why they HAVE CORGI certifications. To stop people like you blowing up their (and adjoining) houses.

Humans do need precision. The alternative is guesswork.

Well, you're not doing this one right.

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

So is this 1 card each ?

SO there is just ONE physical card ?

So a shared account rathe rthan a share card.

So you have a card each that accesses the same shared account.

So a shared account.

So a shared account.

well obviously.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sounds like envy to me. You'll only have one in your dreams. Wet ones.

Many have husbands that cost more!

Reply to
Fredxx

Never thought of setting up a joint account for say the purposes of running a household where you make sure it can't be abused?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't understand what you mean. A joint account requires you trust everyone who has access to it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I'm not envious of people with theives sleeping in their bed.

Bullshit, the husband earns the money and the wife spends it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I think it depends on the bank. The card I had had two names on the both cards. Either could be used by either person.

Both.

Both cards had both our names on them.

You're repeating yourself like Mr Speed. Are you degenerating into an Aussie?

And women should never ever be trusted.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I think he meant you only pay in enough to cover the outgoing payments, so you limit the total amount at risk.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Sounds like a lot of hassle to me. Better to marry someone you can trust?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Take "household" to mean something like a post-grad house-share and it makes more sense.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Quite. But not much point in telling the trolls on here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What I said still holds true.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Someone assuming the other person in the conversation was able to grasp it would also do so. I didn't realise I had to spell everything out for you.

But the fountain of common sense might have been given a huge tank of it.

No, it recycles it. I could build a fountain, then fill it with any liquid, switch it on, then it constantly gives out that liquid.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

"Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky" = "The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe" = Andrew 'Andrzej' Baron = ... = snipped-for-privacy@ukgateway.net, a silly 'tard who used to make a living doing this:

<quote>

Original Microsoft CD in jewel case with CD key sticker on the back. Full version. GBP 30=00 incl recorded delivery postage. (sorry, spamtrap in original message) e-mail to: snipped-for-privacy@ukgateway.net

</quote>
Reply to
TallHenry

What the f*ck does that even mean???

When you make poor analogies, as you conceded, and write pidgin English, as above, perhaps you should spell everything out to avoid misunderstandings.

Unlikely, in your case.

What's your point (if any)? That your common sense (if any) decreases as people take from the fountain?

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

It was there, you must have deleted it. There seems to be no text quoted from you inbetween.

Not in English, only in f***ed up bastardised American. In England, we might skip the H for speed of speech, like "an 'erb", but we'd always write "a herb" and if the word was spoken by itself, it would be"herb" - eg. if the shopkeeper says "What are you looking for?" I'd say "herbs", not "erbs".

Not in the examples I just gave, some people use the an and the h.

The real ones, Americans don't actually use English, it's just similar.

Incorrect. It never rains if I want it to. And if I take my windsurf out, suddenly the galeforce wind disappears entirely and I'm just left stood there stationary.

I get what I need. If it's insufficient for my needs, I get all the money back and either keep it or return it or give it away or throw it in the bin. For example I didn't need a 4K camera, HD was fine.

It belongs to me, I paid for the house. It's my decision what I do in my own house. IF and ONLY IF I blow up the whole street (unlikely as I'd smell a gas leak easily) THEN and ONLY THEN would I be liable for other houses.

Bullshit. If someone asks you go go buy 5 pounds of potatoes, do you make sure it's 5 pounds and not 5.1 pounds?

You're the one that won't follow links to see references relevant to the conversation.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I didn't delete shit. You answered a non-existent question. That's why there's no quoted text.

In Estuary English, not in f***ed up Scottish dialect.

We??? You're not IN England, sweaty.

In Estuary English we say 'erbs...and 'orrible things they are.

Down 'ere the haitches are always silent. Except in haitch where there isn't supposed to be one.

Real ones? In Scotland where they can't even f****ng understand each other???

You? On a windsurf??? LOLOK!

Sounds like a lot of trouble to go to just to be a cheapskate.

Not if there's gas involved.

Why shouldn't you be liable for the cost of the fire brigade if it was just your own house that blew up?

Horseshit. Nobody buys exactly 5 pounds of potatoes because potatoes aren't of a uniform weight. But if someone asks you to go and buy 4 AA batteries, you buy 4, not 5 or 3.

I can't be f****ng bothered and you're still not doing this one right.