OT: Bloody Royal Mail

A woman saps your wages.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Like that ever happens.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The money does matter when she spends it all. Never ever put a woman on your credit card.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

But all those clowns are from alt.home.explode or wherever. No respectable member of uk.d-i-y would ever cast nasturtiums on a fellow member, surely you know that. Perish the thort.

Reply to
Tim Streater

uk.d-i-y? The B&Q/Homebase/Wickes brigade??? LOLOK

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

But that was precisely your argument, Pedro! And you wanted married couples NOT to have two jobs!

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (n

Not if she earns more than you do in wages, stupid.

Reply to
dkol

It does for plenty.

Reply to
dkol

On 23:36 11 Jan 2019, "dkol" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Hucker comments suggest he's only had a spectator's understanding of a close personal relationship.

Reply to
Pamela

That?s unlikely with his parents and his sister and is true of you too.

Reply to
dkol

To rub your stupid nose in yet another of your terminal stupiditys.

Reply to
Pam fucker over

There's no mention of a price schedule on that page. If I go to a shop and it says "all sofas £500", I'd be pretty annoyed if that was all sofas except black ones, leather ones, 3 seater ones, etc, etc. It's a ripoff, just like a lot of Ebay listings - I just tried to buy some watch straps to repair my watch. Loads of them advertising 99p straps, except they weren't, they were 99p buckles or pouches or something completely unrelated to the title. Selecting any actual strap was £6. I reported all of them to Ebay for "search and browse manipulation".

Irrelevant. There was a limit, but only ONE limit. Just like there still is now for standard size letters.

Because rare makes you think of something which you hardly ever see. Unusual makes you think of something you often see, then negate that concept.

It means exactly the same thing to me, in fact when I read it I consciously have to change it to common. It's not clear at all from the first reading what the f*ck they're on about.

That's not a word in modern English. And I ain't looking it up just for the purpose of this conversation.

I didn't mean it had a brand name. You're reading too much into my analogy. I meant most were made of copper, so that became the name given to all of them, even though some were cheaper and made of something else.

Yeah, we fool the Americans into coming over here and buying souvenirs. I was on a cruise boat once on a Scottish lake (no I will not write loch), and it was full of American tourists. The captain of the ship was giving a guided tour and explaining to the Americans how the Haggis was an animal with one leg longer than the other, and that the female had a longer left leg, and the male had a longer right leg. They each spent their days running round and round the mountains in opposite directions until they met one of the opposite sex. Every single yank fell for it.

Nonsense, bedrooms are bigger than bathrooms.

They do tend to be portable. Although they're not sensitive enough for Royal Mail fussy standards. I once sent a parcel which my scales said weighed 6.5kg, so I paid for "up to 7kg". It turned out it was actually 7.1kg, 0.1kg over the 7kg limit, so the recipient was charged for the extra postage, plus an admin fee.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That's because it's only for showing maximum weights, i.e. when a letter becomes a large letter and when a large letter becomes a parcel.

I'm sure they all stopped doing it when they were told of your complaint.

Things change. All the time. You have to keep up, laddie!

No, they mean exactly the same. Rare has nothing to do with seeing things or hardly ever seeing them. Nor does unusual.

So the nuances of the English language are totally lost on you, then?

Indeed.

It means 'indeed' in Olde Englishe.

Just because your granny called it a copper doesn't mean anyone else did.

They could have easily looked it up but there was probably no WiFi in the middle of nowhere.

Irrelevant. If that was the main criterion, you would put the scales in the middle of the living room.

The Royal Mail standards aren't 'fussy'...they're specific, like standards are supposed to be.

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Do you want it sir?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A wife consumes money, this appears to serve the same function.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not when she earns more than you do, which wouldn't be hard in your case.

Only in your pathetic little drug crazed drunken psychotic fantasyland.

Reply to
dkol

In accounting terms, it's the difference between one-time expenses and overhead.

Then there's the varietey aspect to consider...

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

A wife might make a little less miserable and angry.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard