Schuko socket (further difficulty)

The electrician fitted the Schuko socket but put the live to the left. Not that it matters, but I decided it would be a good idea to modify it. However, the terminal screw broke as I was tightening it (I don't think I'll be buying MK again). By chance, I have a replacement screw. Is there a recognised way of getting the broken screw out?
On 10/01/2019 17:02, Scott wrote:

You'll probably just have to drill it out unless it is a very loose fit in which case it may 'tease out' with a pair of tweezers or similar implement.
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:20:34 +0000, Tufnell Park

How do you drill without dethreading the hole? I can see this going badly.
Scott expressed precisely :

Try to drill or tease out the copper wire, that should leave the screw loose enough to remove. A small drill bit will follow the softer copper, in preference to the harder brass of the terminal.

use a small enough drill to fit between the threads and the recalcitrant screw can usually be got out. If it snapped when you tried to unscrew it, it would seem thatb it was overtighted by the original installer. The don't sell insulated torque screwdrivers for no reason.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 18:22:45 +0000 (GMT), charles

Regrettably it was on the way in, so my fault. I thought it was protruding more than the others so I tried to tighten it a bit more. That said, it is solidly in now so perhaps I would just leave it be.
charles wrote:

Dental burr in dremmel or die grinder can be controlled to drill screw or at least make centre for drill then make easy out by grinding a square taper to a point on hard steel. Anything is possible with DIY

Bet you can't fart your way to the moon.
On 10/01/2019 17:37, Scott wrote:

You drill with an smaller drill to remove the central plug of the screw then ideally use an extractor tool which is reverse threaded so as you screw into it, it tightens and undoes the screw (or bolt).
Thats the theory any way ...
On 10/01/2019 17:02, Scott wrote:

Very small anticlockwise drill bit is probably your best bet...
--
Cheers,

John.
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 19:12:50 +0000, John Rumm

Thanks. There may be an argument for leaving well alone given it is solid but it offends my sense of neatness.
Has MK quality declined? This assembly seems very flimsy. The last plug I fitted was fiddly with a heavy cable. Even the last socket seemed a bit flimsy.
This particular device is a niche item and came from Malaysia. Is the Malaysian quality as good or am I getting more of a 'budget' product?
On Thursday, 10 January 2019 17:02:56 UTC, Scott wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Screws#Removing_a_Damaged_Screw
NT
Scott wrote:

Angle grinder :)