OT: Bloody Royal Mail

What a stupid way of thinking. They could have had "letter" going up to 7 ozs, with 3.5 as a cheaper option.

And WTF are you still doing using ounces in 2019?

They can trace and prevent that, they're not that stupid.

The Royal Mail will soon die, other couriers are far better value.

There should be, but I couldn't think of one in my inebriated state.

Seen, detected by sensors, whatever.

Like I give a f*ck.

That's the only useful use.

Does it scare you or something?

London has never been a village.

The boat was invented long before the WiFi.

Because they're prudes. I'm naked now, in my living room, wanna see?

I'm not going to buy a scale specifically just for letters, just because the Royal Mail won't let people off with 10% over weight.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What a stupid suggestion. That would create the same problem for letters as you apparently perceive with large letters.

Ounces mean more than decagrams to me. WTF IS a decagram anyway?

They have limited resources to trace the hundreds of thousands of devious slant eyed Chinese sellers out there.

The Royal Mail will never die. Other couriers are just cherry pickers. Someone has to deliver the rest of the s**te.

gratuitous, redundant, superfluous, avoidable, futile, ..

You shouldn't complain about 'unusual' being a negative if you insist on using a similar negative.

Yes, whatever. Not even necessarily detected by sensors, if it's not something physical.

Millions do. Illiterate oiks like you don't.

Not for the millions who think otherwise.

I don't waste time on links. You want an answer to something? Spell it out.

I thought you were referring to some shithole in Scotland.

But why have cruise boats in Scotland of all places? Isn't it always raining?

Er, no thanks.

Then whoever you send shit to will end up paying for your belligerent intransigence. When you buy something in a shop up there, do they give you an exact price or is it +/- 10%?

Speaking of shopping in Scotland, the last time I was in Glasgow, I noticed they're very quick to give you your change when you buy something. Is that to avoid getting stabbed?

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why would you put anyone on your credit card?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did you really think I meant 100% of things in B&Q? Is English not your first language?

Just how slow is your web browser? I could display that link faster than I can type this sentence.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You did. Only a moron goes to B&Q, it's three times cheaper on eBay.

In fact, shipping costs would kill the eBay price of MOST things at B&Q.

Is clarity of expression too challenging for you?

It's no slower than anyone else's. I just can't be bothered ('arsed', as they say these days)..

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

Most husbands and wives have shared bank accounts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What has that got do do with credit cards?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They share those too. Obviously.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Not exactly you shouldn't share a credit card as that can be fraud, what you do is have additional credits cards issued.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Bullshit. Married couples usually have cards with two names on them. Or two cards operating from the same account, whatever. The point is either of them can spend the full balance or credit limit.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

A debit shared debit card on a shared bank account is one thing.

A shared credit card something else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What part of that sentence says 100%?

Bullshit. The only stuff I don't buy on Ebay is really heavy stuff like bricks and lumber. And then I don't use B&Q anyway, I use a builder's merchant, as they're far cheaper.

Only morons need everything spelling out for them. You're not American are you?

As I said, clicking it takes one mouse button press. Replying and typing a whole sentence takes multiple key presses. So you're not saving time, you're wasting it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It's an wholesale generalisation. What part of that sentence doesn't say 100%? If you want to say only a moron goes to B&Q for 75% of their stuff, say so.

Horseshit. You buy long copper pipes, basins, toilets and shit like that on eBay???

Only morons are unable to spell out what they mean. You're not Scottish are you?

Clicking it means switching from one window to another and back again. And I would still need to reply by typing a whole sentence.

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

What do you mean by 2 names ?

Then that it shared isnlt it.

Then what is the point ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Why? I've got £2000 in my current account, plus £1000 of available overdraft. So a shared debit card could cost me £3000. I've got a credit card with a limit of £500, and another with a limit of £15000. So it all depends on the limit and available funds, neither is safer than the other.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The name of the husband, and the name of the wife. Either is authorised to use the card. Last time I had a shared credit card, we had two cards, both of which had both names on them, and both funded from the same account. The PINs didn't have to be the same, they were set to whatever was memorable for each of us.

The account is shared. Either can put money in, either can take it out.

It means either of you can do the shopping and either can go to work, and you don't have to f*ck about giving each other money, you work as a unit. It does involve trust though.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

AN wholesale? As in AN hoop? It is customary to use A before something beginning with a consonant.

Sorry I'm not a robot, I expect others to understand that generalisations don't mean 100%. For example "It's always raining in Scotland" does not mean every single day.

Pipes yes, I did so a year ago - some 2m long copper pipes when I moved my gas line - dunno if it was much cheaper, but I didn't have to bother driving to B&Q, and I know they'd overcharge me anyway. And I don't often buy toilets and basins, but I'd probably get them on Ebay, as a courier for that would only be £10-£15, and I'd save more than that by not using B&Q.

I don't have to spell out precisely what I mean when I'm talking to a human.

But now you've entered a whole discussion on it. Is your computer really slow and takes an age to open the web browser or something? Switching windows for me is instantaneous.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Most banks will allow you to add a family member or even a friend to your credit card account and issue them with a card for it.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Indeed, I've done it before. But be damn sure you trust that friend.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey