OT: Bloody Royal Mail

How long do you think it takes to check a parcel with 6 stamps on it, compared to checking a parcel with 1 stamp on it?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You claim. But others seem to disagree. And you need to explain what the *point* is of putting more than one on. And where is how you use them in this fashion *documented*?

Reply to
Tim Streater

I heard that too. And that was just for the first offence. Apparently they confiscate your credit cards, loose money and any valuables in the house for later offences.

If your name is Hucker or James Wilkinson Sword, special forces abseil down the outside walls and smash their way in through the windows. I've seen it happen many times to my neighbour who's always putting two stamps on his letters.

Reply to
Pamela

Ah no, worse than that around here. Your house is strafed by low-flying communist aircraft.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ah - right. So nothing has changed?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you can post something when the post office is closed. If you work 9 to 5 as most people do, it can be almost impossible to get to an open post office. If the item fits in a post box, you can therefore use stamps and post it out of hours.

I can't find anywhere on the Royal Mail site that says you can OR can't. So we have to assume you can, since it's done by many people - I've often bought something on Ebay and it's got to me with several stamps on it.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Whereas you use the bathroom sink? :-)

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I got the military into trouble for flying a helicopter for testing pilots over my town at 3am for 3 hours. My MP made a big fuss.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They seem quite consistent to me.

Do you have both?

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

Only plumbers do that.

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (né O'Reilly

Ah, you recognised Pedro Hucker by the content too?

Reply to
Shitsack Moishe Goldbergsky (n

On 18:12 10 Jan 2019, "Commander Kinsey" snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp>

wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan:

Luckily for you they didn't know you considered putting two "large letter" stamps on a letter or you would be in Barlinnie jail now.

Please take care. The walls have ears.

Reply to
Pamela

My local postal delivery office refuses to deliver letters with two stamps on them. It's something to do with the 3-D effect making you dizzy when seeing two identical stamps on an envelope.

Last year they had six deaths from dizzy postmen who walked into the traffic.

If someone around here has a physics degree, preferably from Edinburgh, they could probably explain it.

Reply to
Pamela
<snip>

Yes - you are right - but the rules are aimed at people who have common sense; fuckwits cannot comprehend.

Reply to
Judith Smith

No, some of the pages just say "large letter" and quote the maximum rating (750g). In fact those are the only ones I ever saw until I hunted harder today after spotting someone had sent me a large letter costing £2 instead of £1.

Yes.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I know of a painter that missed the toilet. Mind you he was only about 11. Dunno if his dad was paying him or not. In any case he was also shit at painting.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Probably because I'm the only fountain of common sense in here.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

WHICH pages?

Isn't that unusual where you are?