Royal Mail confusion

I'm expecting a package to be delivered. It reached Royal Mail in Chelmsford early this morning. This afternoon, I arranged for Royal Mail to leave it at a neighbour if nobody is here to receive it, presumably on the 11th.

This evening, I see:

" Updated on: Tuesday 10 November

05:11pm Item due for Redelivery to neighbour.

Please be aware that any date supplied is not a guarantee."

How about trying my house first?

Then,

"In Transit

As requested, if we cant deliver your item, we'll arrange a Redelivery on 11-11-2020. If no one's in again, we'll deliver your item to your chosen neighbour.

If they're not home we may try another neighbour. We'll let you know when it's delivered."

  1. How about an apostrophe in "cant"?
  2. I didn't ask for a Redelivery attempt, I asked for it to be left with a neighbour.

I know what they mean, but surely somebody could proof-read what they put out on their website?

Reply to
Davey

No its probably administered from Bangladesh. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Quite likely.

This morning, they sent me a message saying that the package would be with me sometime between 11.45 am and 3.30 pm. Two minutes later, they sent another message saying that the package had been sent to the wrong depot, and was being rerouted. I have no idea when (if?) it will arrive. Ho-hum. It makes Hermes and Yell look really good.

Reply to
Davey

When it arrives the driver will probably throw it at you, causing you to suffer from a Royal Mail contusion.

Reply to
Tim Streater