British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

Which bit of "The kitchen sink was usually regarded as the place for that" was too difficult for you?

And do you really insist that modern kitchens cannot be used for washing clothes?

Reply to
JNugent

It ought to have read "£7000+". And that price had been quoted earlier in the thread.

It was to do with the job I did. Not my personal circumstanmces.

See? You're doing it too!

Because you keep using it (or variants of it) as though doing so invalidates your opponent's argument.

[It doesn't.] >
Reply to
JNugent

Is that a house with no heating?

The first house I bought (with only an electric fire in the living room and no means of heating elsewhere) was built in 1973.

Reply to
JNugent

I saw his obit online (BBC and Grauniad).

Any man's death diminishes me and all that... but...

Reply to
JNugent

So true...

Reply to
JNugent

But to qualify for a full RP, you don't need to have made "all the contributions you could have".

Just thirty years' worth will suffice.

Reply to
JNugent

It could well be an adequate stop gap for the reasonably well healed. Who can manage to exist on savings etc until any benefits come through. They might well be able to exist for a short term without running ups debts.

Sadly, many who find themselves out of work may not be in this fortunate position.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Go on strike for lots more money. So no need to take a second job. So no falling asleep at the controls of your train/bus/WHY. So a public benefit. :O)

Reply to
soup

Ooh, thanks for reminding me. I'd stopped celebrating and now can restart.

Reply to
Huge

The hell with that. There's a (long) list of people who are a waste of space-time continuum.

Reply to
Huge

for much of my time I worked on what is now called an "A1" basis

It's left as an exercise for the reader to find out what that is

tim

Reply to
tim...

For example, I note that Charles Manson's share of oxygen is now available.

Reply to
Huge

the number up there ^ in my PP

tim

Reply to
tim...

The qualifying number has increased to 35

tim

Reply to
tim...

The qualifying rules seem to change as often as the retirement age.

Problem being as with all these things is many just find the largest figure and assume everyone gets it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh yes there is!

It depends when you reached retirement age. If it was on or after 6 April 2016, you will get £155 BUT if it was before that date, you only get £122.30.

Terry Casey

Did you get that from an authoratitive source or just make it up?

Reply to
Mark

Quite. THis is what some other posters here fail to understand.

Reply to
Mark

Oh dear. Another stereotype.

Reply to
Mark

But a particular job isn't going to pay any more for someone with a family over someone single.

--snip--

Reply to
Mark