British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

snip

I suspect things have changed considerably. Almost all students live in purpose built accommodation for a least their first year - and these have huge clothes washing areas. Insofar as I can judge, most students are pretty well turned out, at least by my low benchmark.

. . . or your experience is untypical.

Reply to
RJH

A friends daughter rejected her place at her father's 'alma mater' because the rooms in hall didn't have 'en suite' bathrooms. Things have indeed changed greatly.

Reply to
Huge

It's easy. Plenty charities helping the unemployed etc are crying out for volunteers. Might open their eyes, rather than believing everything they read in the Mail.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You complain about many almost everything (e.g. paid a "pittance" in 4 EU countries) but when you later explain yourself it turns out you're overstating matters. You are a bit of a drama queen if I may say so.

Reply to
pamela

I'm surprise you can bear to live in such a dreadful country. Zimbabwe would welcome you. They are used to old fools.

Quite. You need to minimise the numbers who see your rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Is your quote on the older or newer scheme?

If it's on the older scheme (which still operates for people born before a certain date who have not yet retired even though they may be of pensionable age), it ought to be on the new one.

Reply to
JNugent

Someone else said thyat recently. It is not borne out by the relevant DWP website.

Reply to
JNugent

That break-point was acknowledged earlier in the thread.

Reply to
JNugent

Ask a silly question...

Reply to
JNugent

That is why there is also a means-tested scheme capable of delivering up to £23,000 pa (£442.31 a week) in London and £20,000 pa (£384.62 pw) in the rest of the UK.

Reply to
JNugent

A well-evidenced one.

Reply to
JNugent

...which raises the question as to why the benefit scheme should.

Reply to
JNugent

That's as maybe but not everybody took it in - and it is not the only statement in this (lengthy) thread that has needed reiterating - some several times...

Reply to
Terry Casey

It's my personal quote based upon the date that I shall retire (but expressed in todays money)

so it's a calculation for the new scheme

tim

Reply to
tim...

Do you have a link for the site, please?

Reply to
JNugent

you need to log into your personal HMRC account

and click on

State Pension View your State Pension and National Insurance contributions.

tim

Reply to
tim...

Did a call-centre person tell you this over the phone ?.

If so, I suggest you ignore it, because a BR19 requires a lot of manual work to collate all the data. Or at least this is how it worked up to a year ago. This is why you cannot go online and show an immediate calculation of your new pension there and then. All you can do is request a BR19 and then wait for them to post the calculation to your address.

Reply to
Andrew

And if you have neither a current passport nor a mobile phone then have fun trying to setup your personal account.

Reply to
Andrew

You gave your answer. Not the same as *the* answer.

Really? To most it's for the last part of their life.

Bit like saying when your insurance company pays for a repair to your car it is only a stop gap until you get a new one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

having had to use it for the past 12 years for my Self Assessment

tis not a problem

Reply to
tim...