British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

I said it is £155 plus the inflation increases.

Spot on. :-)

Reply to
Yellow

Did BR do it any better when the same unions were carrying out the same tactics ?.

Reply to
Andrew

OK. Only legitimate claimants.

You consider those who choose to be dependant on the state for political ends legitimate claimants, then? How very odd.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I am 99.999999% sure you are wrong. Everyone gets the £155 (if you are paid up on NI) but if you have SERPS you can get more and it is calculated under the old scheme in that case.

There is no way of getting less than the £155 unless you are missing NI credits and SERPS (and contracting out) is simply no more.

And if you still won't believe me then please believe it from the horse's mouth -

Have you checked it recently, via the website, since the new scheme was introduced?

Reply to
Yellow

If you had no other income, and savings less than ~£16,000 then you would be entitled to receive pension credits and other handouts that would make it up to that amount.

Reply to
Andrew

I don't know about The Mail, but Tim is wrong on this one - which might come as a pleasant surprise to him.

Reply to
Yellow

Between 1988 and 2002 there were additional 'bribes' to persuade people to make the shift.

Reply to
Andrew

My mistake, I assumed you were following our conversation... I am referring to the ends of political parties, using people, not people being on benefits for political reasons whatever you mean by that.

Well? Is it?

Reply to
Yellow

Quite, a lot smarter than the unions who wouldn't have allowed their workers in the new press works.

Are you the sort to support the supply of labour in protectionists schemes.

Reply to
Fredxxx

His philosophy was difficult to eradicate. He caused the fire-sale of BL, and its now derelict site at Longbridge.

Are you the sort to support the supply of labour in protectionists schemes.

Reply to
Fredxxx

How so? It wouldn't affect anyone who is not selling a house.

OOI how would FTBs be classified?

But not in practice.

--snip--

Reply to
Mark

Quite. But stay with your Mail version of quoting a maximum as the norm. Anything else might be too accurate.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True.

Agreed. It is an anomaly.

Reply to
Mark

IIRC you cannot contract out of SERPS any more.

Reply to
Mark

I73 a week

230 a week.

Both very short of the basic unemployment benefit.

Do I think many on the current levels of unemployment benefit - even long term - get a raw deal? Yes. Judging by what I've seen with my own eyes. And mainly talking about the single.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nothing. Iff they want to work and are able to do so.

If it was inadequate, why would anyone work?

For many it was.

Reply to
Mark

I take it then you're admitting the unions make no difference?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does having been "contracted out" affect the basic state pension or just the SERPS/S2P portion?

Reply to
Mark

I'm sure these "documentaries" are fake, just to make 'sensational' TV.

Reply to
Mark

That goes against what many have been arguing in this thread. Shouldn't they be forced to work, rather than receiving benefits?

Reply to
Mark