British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

Modern first world economies arent about natural resources anymore.

Reply to
Ranchak

I just missed that (by a matter of weeks!) and consequently get less than that amount.

But I'm not complaining or bitter. I understand that changes only take place from when they take place.

It's a choice for people over retirement age (I still do a bit of freelance).

What's wrong with that?

There is clear reason to believe that the incentive effect is currently inadequate.

We can all remember thirty years ago when all the complaining was about unemployment. There was a general perception that unemployment was a misfortune.

Nowadays it's all about the unemployed being expected to seek and accept jobs they don't want.

Reply to
JNugent

Your £119 is still wrong.

The lowest full RP is £127 and change (per week).

Reply to
JNugent

Reply to
JNugent

I've already explained the difference in a previous post. So has Yellow.

Reply to
JNugent

I have one! :-)

I left off applying for a few years after qualifying, reasoning that it was of limited use (since it can't be used before 09:30), but when I realised that it can be used before that time in London, it became an obvious thing to do, because I sometimes have to work for the day in Central London, some way from the relevant railway terminal.

Steady on.

Unless you live in London, it only covers you for the buses.

Reply to
JNugent

But a bus pass is free and covers London buses 24/7.

Reply to
JNugent

Quite right, and one should hope so.

Obviously, he means the equivalent of what used to be called Council Tax Benefit, not the 25% CT discpount that single occupants get.

Those over pension age also get £200 (December) winter fuel payment and the famous £10 Christmas Bonus.

Reply to
JNugent

It certainly is in my case.

Reply to
JNugent

and give even more perks to the unemployed? NO!

Lets make working pay first.

Reply to
Fredxxx

People who watch TV often, don't seem to realise quite how much they're buying in to an unspoken reality. I agree with you, it's very easy to lose touch with it and have difficulty relating to the underlying "reality" of TV after an extended time away from it.

Reply to
Steve

It does if you are paid up.

Did they fool you?

Reply to
Yellow

fingers crossed...

Reply to
JoeJoe

You may want to have a close look at the financial affairs of the current Labour Party Chairman. I'll give you a head start:

JoeJoe

You do, at least in part, whilst in training.

Reply to
JoeJoe

You're showing your true colours. Not only do you want benefits for the unemployed abolished or reduced, but you also rub your hands at the idea of people losing their jobs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does that mean you're confirming the 57 quid a week the unemployed get is too low?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You've not looked very hard. My parents house built in the '30s had no form of heating in the bedrooms. Not even a power socket as built.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the unemployed voted Tory in the same percentage as the elderly, it would nearer the OAP.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Correct. A bedsit being ideal for a family.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)