Mystery fins on bathtub drain grill

I just bought a perforated drain grill for my bathtub. It doesn't have a ho le for a screw to go through, but it's got a small (4 cm diameter) three pe talled metal flower shape on the bottom. What's that for? Wish I could atta ch a photo, but Groups won't let me attach.

Reply to
posiwax

Is it actually a replacement bath waste, or maybe it's just a hair strainer the fits within the existing waste outlet?

If you have a google account to use groups, the same account will work in google photos, upload your pic there and make a public link to it, just include the link in your message.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Some popup wastes have three fins hidden down the hole, perhaps it is to guide those.

Reply to
<nobody

Most people just put it on dropbox and add a link. No help to me of course but some things are designed to stop large debris from going down. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Try imgur

Reply to