British Workers Wanted - Channel 4

but when I ask the relevant Government Agency what my entitlement will be, they tell me that it's not going to be 155 pounds

tim

Reply to
tim...

yes, not for the last 18+ months.

Reply to
Andy Burns

SERPS/S2P is no more but it was a thing between 1987(?) and 2016, so it has an effect

"Your starting amount will include a deduction if you were contracted out of the Additional State Pension"

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's because their management sucks

not because the law makes it too difficult

tim

Reply to
tim...

A very typical one in the 60s/70s especially if it involved giving more pay to women.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Well trade unions proudly proclaim that they are there to protect the jobs of their members and do not accept any progress or change. So someone has to make the decision for them. Presumably you would still have little boys up chimneys and down dark and dangerous holes in the ground digging out coal.

Reply to
bert

That must be the daftest thing said on here in a long time.

Reply to
bert

If you have spend years working in Europe then presumably you didn't make all the qualifying payment into the UK state pension system you could have.

Reply to
pamela

In article , Mark writes

Not true

Reply to
bert

That's the "old" pension scheme - and possibly the intermediate transitional scheme until the new pension scheme is fully in place. The self-employed benefit most so one would think it reasonable that they pay a bit more NI to fund it.

Reply to
bert

This is the new single tier simplified scheme - which is neither single tier nor simple.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

So how much was Bob Crow paying then?

Reply to
bert

I liked the Prescott documentary where he interviewed a young single woman and asked her if she considered herself working class, Oh no she replied, I don't work.

Reply to
bert

He may have been contracted out.

Reply to
Brian Reay

You misread my question. It was: "Please explain how unemployment benefit and the NMW are "linked"."

Who said they can?

Some of them clearly don't need to.

Reply to
JNugent

Really?

More, or less?

Reply to
JNugent

And...?

Reply to
JNugent

There's a job waiting for you in The Ministry of Truth.

Reply to
JNugent

858,437.

Does that help you?

Reply to
JNugent

Things which aren't essential?

Just a suggestion.

I'm sure you do not insist that the taxpayer should pay for Sky subscriptions, for a start.

Or car HP payments.

You can't do that if it's not realistic.

Especially as benefits include an amount for rent (where the claimant has rent to pay).

And you didn't even know that.

Reply to
JNugent