Subject Author Posted Replies

Knife - rerlated
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet. This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ... add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch...
9
9

If you do your own trappin'........
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap. The code is...
10
10

Unearthed extension leads
There's quite a lot of double-insulated equipment about - power drills, strimmers, mowers, etc. The garden equipment, in particular, often has a fairly long lead attached (5 - 10m). When the equipment...
12
12

Internet car sales
I may be being paranoid, but............ In looking to find an affordable auto 4x4 that will tow 3.5 tons and has low range with no difflock, I seem to keep coming across suspicious adverts (ebay,...
31
31

Garden steps regs?
I've had a search for the answer to this but haven't found it yet: do the regulations for internal staircases also apply to garden steps? I'm thinking in particular of the 100mm maximum spacing...
8
8

Can anyone suggest how these switched should be mounted?
How should these switches be mounted:- They look quite slim and have side connections so might be what I am looking for but I can't see how they are supposed to be mounted.
8
8

Removing emulsion paint from plastic
I need to remove emulsion paint from an intercom device and phone socket in a sheltered housing complex - someone decided to paint them and of course they look AWFUL!!! I might have tried my steam...
12
12

Today's DIY - Wall Anchors
When screwfix state use a 16mm hole with their .. and ye have a hefty ancient SDS* giving the bit lots of side wobble, use a 14mm. Or, should I update my SDS drill for cleaner holes? * Old B&Q 750W...
17
17

OT Sea level.
More Fun With Sea Level – Watts Up With That?
12
12

Bare bones kitchen extractor
My "range" style electric cooker is set into what was once a large fireplace and I want to fit an extractor into the recess above the cooker. Because only the bottom will be visible I'd prefer to...
2
2

Who sells good value concrete corner and intermediate posts up to 12ft / 3.6m long?
I am planning on replacing my garden fence on sloping ground. I am struggli ng to find good value suppliers of 12ft / 3.6m long corner and intermediate concrete posts.... I am also looking for 8ft...
2
2

Do builders care about Building Regs?
I recently posted about issues I had with a house I'm selling (an RSJ to provide support after a previously removed chimney breast in the kitchen). As that house sale is progressing I now realise that...
36
36

"% Chance of rain"
What do you believe weather forecasters mean when they say "40% chance of rain"? 1) It will rain for 40% of the day. 2) There's a 40% chance it will rain at some point. I googled it and apparently it...
81
81

Trains redux
Seeing the separate thread drifting towards trains reminded me of this. It's very nice, but rather pricy. Wonder how much it would cost to build one? Calling All Stations is delighted to announce...
7
7

OT: [DIY] Shower Pump and WC cistern
Sorry to interrupt all the Brexit discussions but there may be one or two here who can answer a DIY related question. Scenario: One bedroom flat with cold water tank and hot water cylinder in the flat...
13
13