OT Sea level.

That's unusual, harry posting a link that goes against man made global warming.

I wonder if he read it?

Reply to
dennis

Why would he change the habits of a lifetime?

Reply to
Nightjar

No need to wonder - he never does.

Reply to
bert

Clearly you didn't.

Reply to
harry

As a general rule Harry, anything published by that source is not going to support your views. If you think it does, you either have not read it or have not understood it.

Reply to
Nightjar

So what's the point you're making, Harry?

The first graph shows a more or less linear rise in sea levels since about 1860, with no particular change in recent decades. The second goes into more detail and purports to show what he describes as 'a multi-decadal quasi-periodic fluctuation', i.e. the rate of rise wobbles a bit, slightly faster then slightly slower. ATM were in a slightly faster phase, about the same as between 1930 and 1950.

I note that there was a period of global warming from about 1910 to

1945, with a rate of temperature increase comparable with that between 1975 and 2000, so changes in sea level over a similar time period might not be unexpected. If he'd fitted a line to the sea levels, 1890

- 1930 he would probably have got a slower rate of rise for that period corresponding to the slight fall in global temperatures, 1880 -

1910, and similar to the changes in sea level between 1950 and 1992.

So I ask again: what's the point you're making?

Or haven't you got a clue, as usual?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I don't think he understands the bit about us coming out of an iceage or that sea levels aren't rising very fast.

Reply to
dennis

It's an interesting link. I don't see any reason for the ad hominem attacks on Harry. In fact his posts and links away from *those subjects* are often very good (imho).

Reply to
newshound

You do realise that Harry posted the link in the belief that it supported climate change?

Reply to
Nightjar

Just think it is slightly odd to be discussing the poster rather than the link.

Reply to
newshound

You muust be new.

Reply to