Bare bones kitchen extractor

My "range" style electric cooker is set into what was once a large fireplace and I want to fit an extractor into the recess above the cooker. Because only the bottom will be visible I'd prefer to fabricate something but I can't find a source for a 2 or 3 speed extractor fan that I could put in a recess in the old chimney to blow through ducting to the outside world (not up the chimney) or think of a source for an attractive stainless steel bottom plate and filters. Any suggestions?

Reply to
nomail

Why are you unable to find extractor fans? Is your computer hopelessly broken?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Maybe I wasn't clear - I'm thinking of fabricating the whole thing so need an extractor fan (not a complete hob extractor hood) that can go in a duct and will cope with the heat - I presume that a bathroom duct extractor wouldn't like the heat. If you know of one then it would be useful if you could find me a link. I guess it may be simplest to get a used hood from somewhere and salvage the bits.

Reply to
nomail