chimney oven extractor

I'm fitting a 100cm Cannon range cooker into an existing Victorian kitchen fireplace that was previously bricked up. I want to fit some sort of extraction device. The chimney is about 30cm deep from the back wall to the inside of the brick arch. The chimney flue is circular and exits top left but there is a slope on the right hand side towards the flue.

I can't see a rectangular hood with extractor duct fitting in that depth with the offset flue and brick arch. Are there any other cooker extraction products available for this type of chimney?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
tiscali

Look at Elica built-in range of hoods about 140mm high and 285mm deep. or Synergy also do builtin hoods .

The problems are the amount of height you have available between bottom of cooker hood and top of cooker allowing for minimum 760 mm for a gas cooker and allowing you to fit hood and get flexible pipe into flue.

I am at present have the same project - I plan to use an Elica hood with an external fan/motor to reduce noise. The fan will be installed in the fireplace on the next floor up and the flue from the kitchen chimney will be intercepted, diverted through fan and exited up adjacent flue in chimney breast. Robert

Reply to
robert