Wall finish in the USA

Just back from a couple of weeks motel hopping. I noticed most rooms (and some pool area floors) have a similar textured finish - and I couldn't work out how it was done. A bit like an anaglypta - but it isn't - more like a stippled finish that has then been polished over with a plasterers float. Any ideas (not that I want to do it) as to how it is done.

John

Reply to
John

tiscali

Stucco

It is polished plaster i think

Reply to
pablomartin

Too consistent into corners - and it has flat areas - with textured 'valleys'.

Reply to
John

Mmmm! Dunno - it was very common place. Didn't go anywhere posh!

It felt a bit plasticy. No seams though.

Reply to
John

They (generically) call it "mud"

There are big air spray guns for applying it.

Home Depot have them for about $60

Reply to
Andy Hall

Was it like Wall-Krete - see at

I was sad enough to ask in a US motel once because I would quite like it as a low-maintenance finish.

I've no idea if this is generically "mud".

Reply to
Robin

Robin - that is it. Well done. I was also nearly sad enough to ask. The web site uses the term "mud" as a process term.

Perhaps we should get together and set up a franchise!

Reply to
John