Garden steps regs?

I've had a search for the answer to this but haven't found it yet: do the regulations for internal staircases also apply to garden steps? I'm thinking in particular of the 100mm maximum spacing between banister rails. I'm making two sets of steps down from patio doors and haven't had the final building control sign-off yet. Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Ah, I think I can answer my own question:

"Document K: Building Regulations 1992: There should be no opening in the balustrade that would allow the passage of a 100mm sphere."

I found that here:

Bert Coules

only if the flight is access from the road to the house or to a drying area or bin collection point ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Leave it too long and you will need a ramp. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sounds like a load of balls to me. Well somebody had to say it! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well there's a cheery thought. Thanks! And I think I'll pass over your other comment in dignified silence.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Really? So I misunderstood the regulation quoted on that page I linked to?

Thanks for the reply.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I read Brian's comment as observation on officialdom and feature creep, rather than a prediction of your future mobility!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah, thanks. And apologies to Brian, if I did indeed misinterpret what he wrote.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules