Subject Author Posted Replies

MIG Welders
Time was when gasless MIGs were regarded as inferior, producing spattery welds lacking asthetic appeal and attracting derision from the pros. However, looking at what's available today it seems they...
9
9

Dispute over new loft conversion
I live in a semi-detached bungalow. My neighbour has complained that the dormer window of my new loft conversion overhangs the boundary between our properties because it hasn't been built in exact...
47
47

Fewer flies around this year?
There seems to be much less flies around this year, or at least so far. I would expect there to be fewer or none at all indoors, because we now have a very effective fly screen, but even outdoors too...
19
19

RF thermostat
I have an ET4 RF thermostat. The transmitter stops working due to the battery corrosion. Now I contacted original supplier, TFC Group LLP for the replacement, but was advised that this product was...
5
5

Drilling mortice locks
I'm refurbishing an old door, which is fairly good condition, but has a poorly-repaired hole (~6mm-ish) drilled in itjust above the keyhole (well north by noth east of it). Apparently this was caused...
6
6

Brass security screws?
I am about to fix a small brass plate to the front door. The door is black, with brass door furniture, so it should look OK (after I've cleaned the rest of the brass!) I'd like to use some brass...
64
64

Outdoor mains socket
I was musing what the best way might be to terminate my armoured cable so I can have mains at the bottom of my garden. It used to go into a shed which is no longer there due to age gravity and the...
28
28

Wall fixing [plugs]? for electrical sockets
In Toolstation the other day, I was looking through their nice coloured picture book and came across fixings with an electrical approval, I assume BS7671. These were conical and looked metallic....
4
4

OT Royal Mail signed for post
Should the postman be signing it himself and posting the letter through my letter box?
17
17

Knife - rerlated
On the flames going on for the Knives thread ... interesting snippet. This week put an add on Gumtree - selling my saw table .... next day ... add rejected 'item not allowed' ... thought it a glitch...
9
9

If you do your own trappin'........
The Trap Barn web site is now functional and to celebrate we have issued a discount coupon which will give 6.5% discount on all purchases of more than one Mark 4 Genuine Springer Trap. The code is...
10
10

Unearthed extension leads
There's quite a lot of double-insulated equipment about - power drills, strimmers, mowers, etc. The garden equipment, in particular, often has a fairly long lead attached (5 - 10m). When the equipment...
12
12

Internet car sales
I may be being paranoid, but............ In looking to find an affordable auto 4x4 that will tow 3.5 tons and has low range with no difflock, I seem to keep coming across suspicious adverts (ebay,...
31
31

Garden steps regs?
I've had a search for the answer to this but haven't found it yet: do the regulations for internal staircases also apply to garden steps? I'm thinking in particular of the 100mm maximum spacing...
8
8

Can anyone suggest how these switched should be mounted?
How should these switches be mounted:- They look quite slim and have side connections so might be what I am looking for but I can't see how they are supposed to be mounted.
8
8