Fewer flies around this year?

There seems to be much less flies around this year, or at least so far. I would expect there to be fewer or none at all indoors, because we now have a very effective fly screen, but even outdoors too there seem to be less insects about generally.

Fewer.
You're welcome.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 58th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.
On 23/07/17 10:34, Huge wrote:

many fewer
'much fewer' makes no sense.
--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.

Huge wrote :

Thank you, I wasn't fully concentrating. I wrote 'fewer' then for some inexplicable reason deleted it and replaced it with 'less'.

You're welcome.
I was pre-sensitised from having gone in Morrisons in the week and used the "5 items or less" queue. :o)
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 58th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.

I refer you to the "10 reasons you know you're getting old" thread.
:)
--
(\_/)

That's just the Alzheimer's, nothing to worry about.

Oy, I'm the duty pedant today.
Now you have to explain why, to Harry.
--
Lady Astor: "If you were my husband I'd give you poison." Churchill: "If
you were my wife, I'd drink it."

How would Huge know why you're today's duty pedant?

You mean <gasp> that there isn't a rota?
--
"If you're not able to ask questions and deal with the answers without feeling
that someone has called your intelligence or competence into question, don't

Is there a badge?
On 23/07/2017 11:40, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

No, a peaked cap ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

So that email I got from Usenet Central appointing me Group pedant was a fake? Gosh.
i was thinking this the other day whie i was out gardening, certainly seems to be less about, any reasons anyone?
--
mostyn harvey

On Monday, 24 July 2017 18:00:27 UTC+1, mostyn harvey wrote:

BREXIT , although if it's a good thing it can't be BREXIT .

Naah. I've moved on to "fewer" vs. "fewest".

Especially since Tim's killfiled here because of the tedious back-and-forth with Plowperson.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 58th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.
Tim Watts pretended :

I meant this year, this summer. I also noticed the same whilst away in south Wales, in the caravan - got back just last week, we were able to just have the windows wide open with no need for the fly screens to be down.
On 7/23/2017 2:19 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

We've noticed many more flies this year - which may be connected to the near absence of spiders...
On 23/07/2017 14:19, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I've was munched by Horseflies frequently during the June heatwave.
Definately fewer mozzies. Normally I seem them hovering around the bottom of the garden once the weather warms up. But not this year.
No, they were about a lot earlier than usual though, whether this is a good thing or not no doubt we will find out next year.
Unfortunately you cannot have an open back door here without 20 flies and assorted bugs wandering in then seemingly being unable to remember the way back out again. Honestly they need a bigger brain obviously. Brian
--
----- -