RF thermostat

I have an ET4 RF thermostat. The transmitter stops working due to the battery corrosion. Now I contacted original supplier, TFC Group LLP for the replacement, but was advised that this product was discontinued. I was advised an equivalent, Celect DRF2 RF programmable thermostat. My existing ET4 receiver is currently showing red light. Please advise if the ET4 receiver lost the communication with the transmitter, or we do not use heating in the summer, so showing the red light. Should I just change the transmitter or both the RF transmitter and RF receiver? Is Celect RF transmitter compatible with my existing ET4 RF receiver, as both have identical user manual and both communicate at 433.92MHz? How should I prevent battery corrosion in the future?
On 23/07/2017 16:14, Han wrote:

I use wired systems, fortunately not to difficult to install where I have done it.
--
Michael Chare

How should I prevent battery corrosion

Inspect the batteries from time ot time. Only buy good ones.
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:14:02 GMT, Han

Are you sure you can't clean up the battery contacts, or PCB?
It's worth using a premium brand of alkaline cells in a low drain low maintenance application.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:14:02 GMT, Han wrote:

Probably repairable.

RTFM

Why didn't you ask the supplier?

Why didn't you ask the supplier?

Use decent branded batteries and alkaline. Alkaline seem less prone to leaking than zinc-carbon.

At least it wasn't a useless comment on 7 year old post...
--
Cheers
Dave.