RF thermostat

I have an ET4 RF thermostat. The transmitter stops working due to the battery corrosion. Now I contacted original supplier, TFC Group LLP for the replacement, but was advised that this product was discontinued. I was advised an equivalent, Celect DRF2 RF programmable thermostat. My existing ET4 receiver is currently showing red light. Please advise if the ET4 receiver lost the communication with the transmitter, or we do not use heating in the summer, so showing the red light. Should I just change the transmitter or both the RF transmitter and RF receiver? Is Celect RF transmitter compatible with my existing ET4 RF receiver, as both have identical user manual and both communicate at 433.92MHz? How should I prevent battery corrosion in the future?

Reply to
Han

I use wired systems, fortunately not to difficult to install where I have done it.

Reply to
Michael Chare

How should I prevent battery corrosion

Inspect the batteries from time ot time. Only buy good ones.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Are you sure you can't clean up the battery contacts, or PCB?

It's worth using a premium brand of alkaline cells in a low drain low maintenance application.

Reply to
Graham.

Oo, I'd have thought battery corrosion would be easy to monitor. One assumes these batteries are easy to see? As for the rest, well, the frequency may well be the same, but is the method of communication the same.

This is the crucial question. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Probably repairable.

Why didn't you ask the supplier?

Why didn't you ask the supplier?

Use decent branded batteries and alkaline. Alkaline seem less prone to leaking than zinc-carbon.

At least it wasn't a useless comment on 7 year old post...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice