CM67 RF Thermostat Wiring Problems

Hi Folks

I have trawled this newsgroup and seen various postings on how to wire up the CM67 RF programmable thermostat but I'm having problems getting mine working as per all the replies. I have the following:

I have 4 wires from my juntion/wiring box (Honeywell) for the roomstat as follows:

1 - Red E - Green/Yellow 2 - Blue 3 - Yellow

I have tried just wiring up the live (red) to terminal A and the yellow to terminal B with no joy. In fact I dont even get power to the receiever box (R6660D1041)

I also tried wiring up the Live (Red) to the L, the Blue to the N and the yellow to the B on the receiver, this provided power to the unit and it went on and off as the room stat sent its signals but nothing happened as far as the boiler firing up.

Do I need to run a seperate mains feed into the L and N blocks in the receiever and then wire Red into A and yellow into B?

the R6660D1041 has the following connections on the back

N L L

------------ A B C D E

I also didn't get any damned instructions in the pack or fixings and it looks suspiciously second hand to me.

Could anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Loop form the L to A (if that is the other side of the switch from B). It'll then work but is that live a permenant live or via the time switch/programmer? I guess via the programmer, in which case set the programmer to always on or for when you want heating.

However you may find that the two boxes get out of sync if you power the receiver down so it is best to arrange a permenant live to the receiver and if you desire the programmer to still have on/off control a feed of that as well. Personally I like having an easy method to switch off the heating so have my Rx fed permenant mains and switched mains.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

See

zoom in to Section 5.

Reply to
Set Square

and zoom in to Section 5.

Thanks Dave and SS, I'll give it a whirl and see how I get on.

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
Richard

I think that you should find what the red, blue and yellow wires are connected to before proceeding. (Proceeding otherwise could be dangerous.)

It might help you to look and the various Honeywell wiring plans (s-plan etc) which will give you a clue as to how your wiring may be connected. Looking to see how your original thermostat was wired could also help.

Michael Chare

Reply to
Michael Chare