Towerstat STTR/F Receiver flicking lights, heating not coming on

We have a Towerstat STTR/F thermostat (
http://www.sparksdirect.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RSRF-1.jpg ), heating's been switched off for the summer, just switched the boiler back off summer mode and re-paired the transmitter and receiver.
Now when the transmitter is sending through that the heating needs to come on it is reaching the receiver, as otherwise the receiver just sits there with the red light on and does nothing, but instead of firing up the boiler both green and red lights are flicking on and off rapidly with a clicking sound and you can hear the boiler trying to fire up but stopping again straight away (no faults showing on the boiler).
Tried pairing the Tx and Rx on different channels but that doesn't seem to make any difference, as I said above it does seem like they're actually paired alright because when the Tx requests heating to go on that's when things start "happening".

Hi Josh, Can you do a simple soldering job?
Thermostat receivers tend to use what is known as "capacitive dropper" power supply and the special X2 rated capacitor has a tendency to go low in value and pass insufficient current to hold the relay in, hence the clicking and flashing.
If not this capacitor, then the reservoir electrolytic after it has probably failed.
If you care to switch off the power, remove the cover of the receiver, and upload a good photo of the circuit board we can tell you which capacitors to change and where to obtain them.
Exchanges using Home Owners Hub tend to end badly because it's broken and most of us don't like it on principle, please learn to post directly to USENET or at a pinch, you can post to the thread using Google. https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.d-i-y/jSuEE3_vwfE/2HWqV6AYCAAJ
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Yes its odd though that there is no fault. Brian
--
----- --
Graham. pretended :

All of those I have come across have the receiver installed at the heating joint box, where there is a mains supply, so they use that mains supply - hence no need for 'capacitive droppers'.
The receiver relay is clicking, triggering the boiler - so it sounds more like a boiler problem.
Can the pump be confirmed to be running, when the stat is turned to max?
Is the system only supplying central heating, no hot water?
Is it a combi boiler or heat only boiler?

One of us is clearly talking bollicks then, I'm happy for a show of hands.

The way I read the OP, is the receiver box is clicking rapidly and the LEDs on same are flashing in sympathy.

The OP has not posted a FU, no surprise there.
I note that the image in the OP is hosted in an obscure directory on https://www.sparksdirect.co.uk/ which appears on the face of it to be a legitimate business with a bricks & mortar presence in Archway N19
Has HomoHub hacked the site. or is the site a scam?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%