Subject Author Posted Replies

Paint stripper
Are there ANY decent paint strippers still available since the emasculation of Nitromors ?
11
11

Chain Saw and Leylandii
Tried to cut through the truncks of a couple of Leylandii today. I had previously had sawed throught the upper supplementary trunks. The Chainsaw wouldn't make much headway - it gave up before getting...
24
24

OT: Bins with other people's wrong stuff in them
Never had this myself as I live in a culdesac without through traffic, but I was walking along a long street today and saw an angry man throwing litter out of his recycling bin on to the street. He...
37
37

OT: Bladdy garages or unlucky coincidence?
Took my Focus car for MOT + Service a couple of weeks ago. Last week whilst out somewhere I noticed that the Ford logo bonnet lock cover was turned 180deg from its home position. In fact I could just...
3
3

OT: How the electric car revolution could backfire
Bill Building an electric car generates considerably more carbon dioxide than creating a comparable petrol model because so much energy is required for the mining and processing of lithium, nickel and...
535
535

Velcro sanding discs.
I have a couple of multi-tools. A Fein and a Lidl. The triangular sanders on them are much better than the (older) triangular B&D sander I have - I'd guess a more positive drive. The Fein has a...
4
4

Do not do this
The walls in our hall were again painted white (over wallpaper) about four years using decent emulsion. We do not smoke. Today I thought the walls were looking a bit grotty so I gripped a bottle of...
10
10

Today's DIY lessons
- Not all 68mm guttering systems are created equal. - Floplast 68mm downspout brackets are very fragile. Of the pack of 10 I bought yesterday, I broke 4.
19
19

Which TV program is this?
I think it was on the Yesterday channel, they were advertising a forthcoming new program, it seemed to be something engineering and showed a steam tractor, fitted with tracks - tracks as you would...
7
7

Acrylic sealant remover
The sealant around our bath is quite hard and has cracked. I assume it's acrylic? I want to redo it, and I see that you can buy something to soften it up, but I'm pretty sure that the bath is acrylic,...

Cooling small chips Onkyo 5009 HDMI board
Hi peeps, I have an Onkyo 5009 AV Reciever with the very common problem of overheatin g HDMI board. You can see it just under the grill for cooling in the case. I have an infrared heat sensitive...
14
14

Did you know?
It was Churchill, who came up with the original idea way back in 1953, for the EU, as a response to the soviets?
11
11

Wallshield Coating Company
We have a long wearing sprayed on coating on our external walls (the rendered bits) but some areas need "refreshing" such as where doors and windows have been moved. There seem to be a number of firms...
20
20

Cable Spec
Typical .... just bought new saw, and after a cut, put it down and it neatly fed flex into the blade ... last saw lasted 20+ years ...arrrrgh! I am guessing this is simple 1mm2 2 core PVC...
9
9

Henry vaccuum pipe
These pipes seem to be constructed with falling to bits as part of their design. Not for the first time pulling the cleaner a bit too hard pulled the convoluted pipe out of its plastic fixing. It...
2
2