Wall fixing [plugs]? for electrical sockets

In Toolstation the other day, I was looking through their nice coloured picture book and came across fixings with an electrical approval, I assume BS7671.

These were conical and looked metallic.

Anyone used these, or know of them. I cannot seem to find them using a search, although this isn't unusual for Toolstation stock.

After my shelves and ego collapsed last year, I'm always on the lookout for something to ward off gravitational effects :-(

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You could thumb through the online catalogue

Reply to
Andy Burns

I tried a search from their website.

The link you supplied seems to imply that anyone using toolstation has a more urgent need of holidays and hotel bookings.

The catalogue navigation is impossible, mind you I am using XP and Firefox.

I am getting sick to the teeth of online searches for the simple reason, so much time is taken up rejecting the dross that advertisers force upon One.

Mind you, I'm not sure why but a recent search on Google for Stena Line actually brought up the ferry company and not a multitude of third party ticket touts. 'Must be an EU thing, consumer protection in the UK ended years ago.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

FWIW, these are the fireproof ones mandated after a case of firemen getting wrapped up in fallen cables in a tower block. I wouldn't think they'd be much stronger than plastic in day to day use.

If you want a decent fixing then the Fischer Universal plugs are very good, if pricey. One of the big plusses is a decent length (50mm) so you go back a decent distance into the wall.

Reply to
Scott M

Some of the wallplugs that come with new goods only go an indecent distance in.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr