Lamp plugs and sockets

Hi,

I have 3 sockets which are controlled from a lightswitch, allowing lamps to turned on and off centrally.

The plugs and sockets are a sort of miniature-3-round-pin affair. Unfortunately I only have one plug and have met with no success trying to find others.

Any ideas where I might buy them, and also what the correct terminology is?

Thanks

Sean

Reply to
Sean Inglis

Here:

dom

In message , Sean Inglis writes

Anything like this??????????/

Bill

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" writes

Mine was just a fraction slower.

Reply to
Bill

Are these BS546 round pin plugs? If so, larger B&Q stock them. They are available in 2A, 5A and 15A (and 30A, but you are unlikely to find that anywhere nowadays). They are normally unfused, although fused versions are available.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Reply to
Sean Inglis

On 10 Jun 2006 15:31:58 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com" had this to say:

Reply to
Frank Erskine

If you look at the writing on the bottom of the plug it should give the details - including a BS number.

It's likely a 2 amp although 5 amp are also used. Larger B&Q sell them - and other sheds may too. Otherwise any electrical wholesaler. Or mail order from Screwfix, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)