Subject Author Posted Replies

Grub screw question
I need a replacement grub screw for a door handle (okay - I don't need one but I'm a perfectionist). I see I can get a pack containing M3, M4, M5 and M6 very cheaply. Can I assume one of these sizes...
8
8

ping: Adam
your email is bouncing, even with the XXX removed. 550 5.1.1 recipient rejected (unknown mailbox)
4
4

1/2" BSP isn't half an inch?!
I just bought a self bleeding valve to fit into a half inch thread. What arrived was 3/4". It's sold as 1/2" BSP, and according to this page, 1/2" BSP is meant to be 3/4". WTF?
54
54

S/H Bosch tools for sale
I have a Bosch GSA24VE reciprocating saw. The battery has failed very prematurely. I don't need a battery one any more. I have a Bosch 24VRE drill. It's quite old and again the battery has failed, and...
2
2

Best moss on tarmac killer
Sprinkle any cheap bio wash powder om moss on drive, I used Lidl's version, kills moss within 24 hours if applied before rain. Endurance remains to be seen
10
10

Best domestic fly killer please?
The flies are around already, which does not bode well for the rest of the year. Can someone please recommend an effective killer that does not mark furniture of windows?
24
24

Sometimes old tools are useful
Having got around after 2 years, to restacking the hifi, I needed a wheeled platfom to stand it on. I went into my stock of castors and found some nice 8mm threaded castors which seemed ideal. After...
8
8

New battery tech?
Would be nice if some of this turned out to be true. Tim Full Page Reload
162
162

Improvised soakaway?
Got a slight problem round the back of my parents house. The path/paved area separating the back of my parents house from the garden has nowhere for the water to run off. The path/paving slopes to the...
2
2

[OT] Google Wants to Use AI to Cut the UK's Electric Bill by 10 Percent
Powering an entire country is very expensive, but Google wants to make it a bit cheaper with no added infrastructure. According to the Financial Times, Google Deepmind is opening talks with the UK...
77
77

Enclosing electrical appliances leaving no access to power button
If someone wants to enclose a TV/monitor in a MDF+perspex cabinat units with no access to remote sensor or power button, insufficient ventilation at the back, are there any electrical regs/PAT type...
8
8

my Hitachi saw won't release
hard to push down and won't release back up unless I jerk it back up and it's really hard
7
7

best place for glyphosate
I need to blitz my old lawn / weeds before re-turfing. Where is the best (c heapest) place to get some glyphosate concentrate (say 40 to 50% contentrat e) that does not break the bank and avoids...
12
12

Google fu help please - electric hot plate height extender
Our new caravan has three gas rings and one solid electric hot plate. Great idea because you can use the bundled electricity you get with the pitch for cooking. Dumb implementation because the...
11
11

USB Controlled Power switch
Firstly, so nice to be able to post on here again after the loss of the Demon newsgroup server robbed me of easy access via ThunderBird. I am looking for a USB/PC controlled power switch to enable 1...
10
10