my Hitachi saw won't release

hard to push down and won't release back up unless I jerk it back up and it's really hard

Reply to
john

Especially when you don't give even a hint of what saw you are talking about!

Jigsaw, chainsaw, cold sore? Model?

Reply to
John Rumm

I have a friend who says she only needs two DIY items.

If it should move but doesn't, she uses WD40.

If it shouldn't move but does, she used Duct tape.

Oddly enough, one of our nuclear power stations had a problem like this last week, we recommended an initial treatment with WD40, and it worked a treat.

This was on a 100 ton jack which was potentially going to cost them something like £1m a day in lost output if it went badly.

Reply to
newshound

A fairly well known thought - I call it gaffer tape - but I suspect it's pretty similar.

Reply to
charles

Seems like the OP had never heard it, though.

Reply to
newshound

I think gaffer tape is easy peel - Dave Plowman probably knows.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Dunno what you mean by easy peel. It's just a general purpose fabric backed sticky tape. With decent quality sticky.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gaffer tape IME is usually a vinyl covered tape with a fabric re-inforced core, and then a very aggressive slightly rubbery adhesive. Strong, stick like the proverbial, but can also be torn relatively easily across or along the tape. Duct tape is similar but usually thinner and more flexible.

Reply to
John Rumm