Enclosing electrical appliances leaving no access to power button

If someone wants to enclose a TV/monitor in a MDF+perspex cabinat units with no access to remote sensor or power button, insufficient ventilation at the back, are there any electrical regs/PAT type rules that this would contravene?

Surely, every electrical item must have its access to power switch (even via an access slot under lock and key) readily accessible in case of mishaps.

Reply to
tenjeeuk

Nah just pull the plug out! grin. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The switch would be on the incoming power cable.

Reply to
harry

Whatever itwas would overheat so not a clever thing to do.

Reply to
harry

Assuming, of course, that whoever built the case, presumably to stop people fiddling with the settings, didn't enclose that as well.

Reply to
Nightjar

I think that was exactly their intention, but they've done it so well even support engineers cant access it.

Reply to
iboard2014

If there's insufficient ventilation then a switch is unnecessary. The device will switch itself off without intervention. Probably permanently. :)

Reply to
mick

You mean your support engineers don't carry angle grinders?

:-)

Reply to
newshound

I did a few of these for the prison service. I drilled holes to let the sound out and more holes at the top to let the heat out.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright