Kodak camera power button

I've been using an old Kpodak digital camera at work to record progress. It's taken a lot of abuse but its chief attribute has been its low battery use, I use 2 AA 2500mAhr cells.

However it took to randomly switching off and on in my pocket, so I have stripped it down and found the power button depresses an "overcentre" disc which makes the contact. I have plainly pushed it too hard and it has set in the depressed state. Photo at

where you can see the power button at the top and the way it should be in the flash selector below it.

BTW it still gave me a belt when I inadvertently touched the +- after leaving the capacitor to discharge for 4 hours.

It looks like a surface mount component soldered at the 4 corners.

Any repair ideas?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Unsolder it and bend it back?

Replace it with a small momentary, fitted to the top panel? Something like this...

're really tiny - about 3mm cube.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Google "TACT switch"