Best moss on tarmac killer

Sprinkle any cheap bio wash powder om moss on drive, I used Lidl's version, kills moss within 24 hours if applied before rain.

Endurance remains to be seen

Reply to
fred

We use thin bleach on the path and drive. It is slow to work but eventually does the job. Trouble is visitors can get bleach on their shoes and bring it into the house or car.

This mentions combining bleach with your wash powder method:

pamela

I've found two things that are effective:

  1. Ferrous Sulphate (will stain concrete though); and
  2. Armillatox (coal tar based).
Reply to
Caecilius

Jeyes Fluid is also effective (although I'm thinking it might be the same as Armillatox), but the whole place stinks like a chemical toilet for a week or two...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Armillotox +

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Is Armillatox as smelly as Jeyes Fluid?

Reply to
pamela

It certainly smells, though whether it's as strong or the same as Jeyes Fluid, I'll pass.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Jeyes Fluid.

Reply to
harry

So far the bio washing powder is faster and more effective, Cheaper also and whilst the odour of Jeyes fluid doesn't offend me swmbo cant abide it.

Appliation is easier also.No mixing to do, no sprayer to fill, just f*ck it onto the moss.

Time will tell

Reply to
fred

Yes. It used to have its own formulation but they had to 'dumb it down', or they would have had to spend zillions on new tests. Now it is the same as Jeyes fluid.

Reply to
Andrew
*Used Lidls bio on driveway 4 days ago, moss has browned important that you get on at least 24 hours without rain.
Reply to
terry flanagan