Moss algae killer

Previously used all sorts to kill moss & algae on back garden paving slabs a couple of times a year. Now wife has got a small terrier puppy so need to be careful what I uae. Any recommendations for killing the moss/algae that is safe for dogs. We can probably keep dog off the area for say 4 hours if necessary.

Reply to
ss

You can get BAC50 which you "paint" or "roller" on. Let this soak and dry into the paving. Then that should be safe for the dog....

see

SH

The websites says : affordable ? currently less than £30

errr, no it isn't. On Amazon it is £42.50 for 5L, and on ebay, well, you take your pick as it's anything upto £100 for 5L

You can of course by smaller amounts, for less money, but not as economical.

Reply to
RobH

Thanks for recommendations, might buy just 1L see how it goes and buy 5L if I can find a decent price later in year.

Reply to
ss

Ebay average around £40 for 5L but one or two sellers closer to £30

Before the first lockdown I purchased 5L for £24 including postage and this was around the average price on Ebay. During the first lockdown the price rose by around x3 and fell back again to around £30 for 5L after the lockdown. During the second lockdown the price rose again.

Reply to
alan_m

Actually up to £1000 for 5L which usually means they have zero stock but want to keep the listing active for future use.

Reply to
alan_m

Use a pressure washer? Even if they don't get your dog, I dread to think what chemicals will do once they wash off the stones.

Reply to
RJH

Covered a short while back on a thread about polycarbonate roof.

The BAC chemical had a warning not to let it into any drains or water courses.

Which may be difficult.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Swap him for a bitch. That will kill all the grass and moss.

Reply to
Andrew

Nope, only in small patches.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

fairy liquid 60cc > 1 liter water kill moss but not quite as good as Iron Sulphate which is not expensive

-
Reply to
Mark

And how do you train her to pee in the same place every time, dorc ?

Reply to
Andrew

You only get small patches if you don?t train it at all, f****it.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Your carpets must really pong.

Reply to
Andrew

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

And I don?t have any carpets at all.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

I use iron sulphate on the lawn but it would stain the paving slabs.

Reply to
ss

Yes - you'll certainly end up with ginger-coloured slabs.

Given half a chance, my lawns end up with 90% moss and 10% grass. I used to be able to get ferrous sulphate in 25kg bags. In the 1980s a works colleague (who was in a gardening society that got discount for bulk purchases) got me one from time to time, for around 6 pounds each. The last one I got (around 2000) was from a local hardware shop, for around

10 pounds. The next time I wanted a bag I was told the EU had listed it as hazardous (25kg might give you a hernia??), and you could only get it in tiny 1kg boxes - which cost around 7 pounds.
Reply to
Ian Jackson

You can get 2 kilo on ebay for around £7, fine for me as that lasts a couple of years for my lawn.

Reply to
ss

Eh? In Germany: 25 kg bag of ferrous sulphate 15,95 EUR plus 6,90 postage, orderable online, delivery in 3-4 days, as of today.

Seems the EU got blamed for a lot that just ain't so.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

You can still buy certain chemicals in reasonable bulk quantities BUT you will find that there is no mention of some of their previous specific uses because they have been banned from such use.

Reply to
alan_m