Moss V pool chemicals

Just reading in previous post about Pool chemical to keep algae away. Could this be used to treat paving slabs of moss. It is not moss that is evident but more a green colour (early stages) to the paving slabs (shaded area) no doubt if left alone moss the will grow and become more evident. I generally use diluted bleach a couple of times a year which does help but I need a couple of gallon at a time. So looking if there is a cheaper alternative. Cant use iron sulphate as this would stain the slabs.

Ideas

Reply to
ss

Bucket of water. Cup of bleach. Cup of caustic soda. Cup of strong detergent.

Sorted. The moss in my gravel drive died within minutes and never returned.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks that sounds good to me.

Reply to
ss

That is what I do, but use the supermarkets cheapest bleach. I mix it wit some water, and then spray on the drive with a watering can. That generally does the job, but if there are any stubborn bits of moss, I then use a proprietary brand like Paragon or similar.

After that its just a matter of going over it with a pointed tool and raking out the dead stuff.

The bleach also keeps block paving looking clean as well!

Reply to
BobH

Wow, that's a better way than how I do it, thanks. I'll be doing the same thing from now on.

Reply to
BobH

Cold water bleach mixed with water and a bottle of vinegar added. Works a t reat for me. Ignore the ignorant ramblings of the self professed chemist wh o claimed the sugar in the vinegar would feed the moss. Vinegar is an acid. On its own it can be used as a weed killer though I haven't tried it. We w ash down the window surrounds on a boat with it to keep the moss at bay.

Caustic soda sounds good but mind your feet.

Reply to
fred

And eyes when mixing! Wear goggles.

Reply to