Subject Author Posted Replies

How long can ou leave furniture on the curb?
NextDoor is a swamp, that sucks you in like quicksand is alleged to do. Tonight someone complained that two couches are on the grass between the sidewalk and the curb, (This is a nice middle-class...
8
8

OT. Light Bulb Supper
California has had _two_, count them again, _two_ cases of rolling blackouts due to a shortage of generation in the last quarter century, the first was caused by crooked power companies gaming...
7
7

Fall Decor
For the married guys: <> It's that time of year again when our wives, intoxicated by the powerful and mysterious aroma of pumpkin spice, break out the autumn decor and transform your home into a...
9
9

I Sure Hope There's A GFCI
SWMBO and I are planning for next month's Fall Foliage tour through New England. We just booked a cottage in Bar Harbor Maine. The kitchenette makes me just a tad nervous. Water, electricity and...
2
2

OT: For ONLY $1000 !!!!
Hi All, I had to quote this here: 2021 IRS Instructions for form 1040 page 27: *Partially Taxable Pensions and Annuities * Enter the total pension or annuity pay- ments (from Form 1099-R, box 1) on...
18
18

FY, hard to shop for faucet handle
FYI -- don't complain if you find this post boring. You've been warned -- I've had more time to look for a handle for my 8-point!!!! washing machine faucets. For a while I thought no one had them. But...
10
10

Electronic Rifle
Ever wonder where TASER came from? The Thomas A Swift Electronic Rifle foremost notice is Swift's invention of the electric rifle, a gun which fires bolts of electricity. The electric rifle can be...
1
1

LED replacement for 18 inch fluorescent
I've been replacing fluorescents with LED direct wire as bulbs or ballasts fail, I'm nearly at the end of the process. But this one in the bathroom is an 18 inch. F15T8, one tube each side of the...
16
16

dead outdoor receptacle
I have a receptacle on the back deck of my house which doesn't work. It used to work fine but now it doesn't. There is only one cable coming to it. The wires appear to be 12 AWG, but the black/white...
25
25

Shredding Alternatives? How to securely destroy 40 lbs. of documents
I've got about 40 lbs. of 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper (about 4 banker's boxes) that have financial information on them, that I'd like to shred, but shredding costs have gone up and the cost would be...
30
30

Got bondo resin on my hands
I mixed up a batch of resin to repair a trash can. Got some on my hands. Thinner got some of it off. Anything better? The tip of one bottle of hardener disintegrated while taking the cap off and I...
3
3

Replacing Utraviolet Water filter lamp
Minipure MIN-9 UV Water filter. Last year water company charged me $300 for what was like 15 minutes work. Looking online the OEM replacement kit is $119. They have a video that seems beyond easy to...
8
8

Pipe sound from TV to my radio
I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio. All the TV output HDMIs are being used. My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial. What parts do I need? Thanks.
23
23

o.t. Homemade windshield rain repellant
Does anyone have a homemade windshield rain repellant recipe? I am looking for something equivalent to the RainX that you apply directly to your windshield. And buff it off. I have been using Turtle...
10
10

Hear sound through radio from my TV HDMI output
I want to hear sound from my Tv using my standalone radio. All the TV output HDMIs are being used. My inputs on my radio for TV/Dbs are coaxial. What parts do I need? I figure I will at least need a...
12
12