Subject Author Posted Replies

Ammunition Storage & Ufer
This is a picture of ammunition storage units around Hastings, NE. I can see these from Highway 6 from a distance when I go riding. <> This is related to housing. The military needed good grounding to...
17
17

Sodastream conversion to 5 pound carbon dioxide praxair tanks
Anyone convert a sodastream to 5 pound carbon dioxide tanks? I already have the small 5 pound carbon dioxide tank (which is about 2 feet high or so, with the regulator adding another ten inches or so)...
8
8

OT. Tesla Battery Fire
There has been another fire involving Tesla battery packs. Some people were supposed to shelter in place. <> Maybe Tesla can find a solution for this. As of late Tuesday morning, there were no power...
13
13

Hydrogen for Homes
A project to use hydrogen for home heating and cooking is hitting some bugs. <> Project to power 300 Scottish homes with ‘green hydrogen’ hit by delays, leaving some to question whether it is...
28
28

O.T. Better way to clean drinking glasses
I have been using a sponge to clean my drinking glasses. My sponge and hand can not reach the bottom of the glass. Is there something that works better? Thanks.
2
2

OT. Automatic Emergency Braking
Congress said make it happen. Technology said maybe not. <>OR <> This month, Spotlight on America exposed a crucial flaw with a modern crash avoidance technology: AEBs often fail to work effectively...
32
32

Two misc things, humming and youtube
Miscellaneous 1) Youtube. Listened tonight to an early august episode of The Big Broadcast, 40s, 50's, and a little 60's radio, at or its website, and one was a lost episode, the Ride Back, which the...
13
13

OT strange cheair
Sorry, wrong group. A few years ago Agent 1.93's color scheme changed so that the title bar is rather dark blue and the newsgroup is black, and I have to lean forward to about 18" to see what it says...
5
5

Good Roof Shingle Colors for Dark Brown House
We are looking for a good, not-ugly, light-color shingle for our chocolate brown house.😬
14
14

Rat & mice poison
I'm so confused that I just need to be pointed in the right direction. A friend has mice in her house and she wants to get rid of them. She lives alone with no kids and no pet. She isn't going to set...
30
30

sluggish remote control
Have any of you noticed that your remote control, for a tv or whatever, doesn't work at first, if you haven't used it for a day or two? I keep thinking the batteries have died, but after a couple...
27
27

OT antique implement
I saw an odd looking antique implement at a local auction a jaw crusher that had me searching the web for a description : the good old days .. :-) John T.
5
5

What are these straps? Or are they straps?
This house is not for sale now, iiuc, but it still has a listing on various real estate webpages: don't understand picture 17 of 24, or picture 22. Someone has taken the lid of of the toilet tank in...
9
9

Electric Vehicle Future
This affects housing indirectly if the EVs create a super demand for copper. I worked with aluminum wire but it was direct burial in fields. I don't remember if AL wiring was tried for houses.
7
7

OT Gas Prices are falling
Gas prices in my area (MS) have been $2.89 for the past two weeks, slow to go below that after steadily falling a nickel or a dime every week or less over the past couple of months. I see that Houston...
21
21