Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Air Warriors
Tonight I watched an episode of their Air Warriors series on Smithsonian Channel. This was the B-24 Liberator and how it helped win the war. They also showed a bit of it being built in the Ford Willow...
3
3

Closets, rooms overflowing?
There's a list here of things Goodwill will and won't take. <>They don't have farm equipment on either list but they will take motorcycles and other types of vehicles. I read once long ago that...
10
10

look point cigarette lighter
Surrounding the cigarette lighter socket in this photo are the words "look point". What does that mean? have to look at the enlarged view to read it. Do they mean "lock"? Do some cigarette plugs lock...
11
11

OT. Mars Rotorcraft.
<> Ingenuity, a 4-pound helicopter, is almost ready to fly. Ingenuity, a 4-pound helicopter, is almost ready to fly. Ingenuity, a 4-pound helicopter, is almost ready to fly.
1
1

The tale of gas cans continues:
The tale of gas cans continues: An NBC News investigation found that under certain conditions, plastic gas containers were susceptible to explosions that could cause severe burns. An NBC News...
56
56

prickly pear fruit
Have you ever transplanted prickly pear leaf? I picked some wild really good looking leaves off an adult prickly pear. How long does it take after transplanting a foot sized leaf to get fruits? 1...
1
1

Conventional oil hard to find?
Kids are on spring break so I changed their oil & filters. Bought Costco oil but to my surprise they no longer sell dino juice. Bought Mobil 1 oil filters at Walmart but they also had no dino juice....
197
197

citrus fertilizer 6-4-6
I cleaned out the shed and returned to Home Depot things I overbought over time and never used. The wife gets the orange store credit for her fun. She bought bags of "Vigoro Citrus & Avocado Plant...
4
4

Does your car meet our standards
Taking a clue from this apartment complex, it is time to put some standards for people posting here. They must have a nice looking car. Montana Valley Apartments manager noted that the complex doesn?t...
133
133

Sealant for Espresso Machine Fitting?
I had to replace the steam valve in my Saeco espresso machine. This is very strange. The new one is the right one, identical to the old one. But both just have a straight nipple about 3/16 that screws...
16
16

poison oak
Which works better to eradicate thousands of little poison oak plants? All are small (about a millimeter to two or three millimeters in stem diameter) where they're vines so some stick up six inches...
20
20

OT. Income Tax Deadline
We have about a month extra to wait until the last minute. <> May 17 is the due date. IR-2021-59, March 17, 2021 — The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced today that the...
1
1

tomorrow morning after almost 4 months.
Good luck. Are you in Tornado Alley? Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access. Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15...
1
1

OT. Some Irish Jokes in Honor of Today
Tiger Woods and Julia Roberts are mentioned. <> The funniest and best Irish jokes you will find online. Hand picked from thousands of Irish jokes online, you won't find a better list.
3
3

below grade-level roads
below grade-level roads Some rural roads are like trenches, that is, with a steep hill a foot or two high on either side, even when the land as a whole is rather flat. Is that because they were horse...
18
18