OT Norwegian Cruise line wins in court.

Disantis's rule found invalid, only vaccinated Norwegians allowed on board.

micky

The governor's argument was as stupid as my wildest fantasy. no discrimination based on race, religion, or desire to cruise!

Reply to
micky

Not definitive until it reaches the Supreme Court.

There is no scientific or rational basis for it either, since those who have submitted to medical experimentation spread the China virus at least as much as those who have not.

Expect massive civil disobedience and pushback if this spreads. I personally would not hesitate to use a forged "proof of vaccination".

Reply to
Roger Blake

Its my boat, I make the rules.

There may be some of low morals that would forge the documents though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

*Low* morals? You give him far too much credit.
Reply to
Marilyn Manson

I guess you're a real piece of crap.

Many or most such uses of a false document would already be illegal, but I think the feds should pass a law ciminalizing this in particular. Roger is not the only dunghead in the country.

Reply to
micky

The Carnival Vista has a little covid problem -- with a fully vaccinated crew and passenger list.

Those famous right wingers Reuters and the Mayo Clinic are scoring Pfizer as 42% effective. Moderna is doing a little better, so far.

Masks disappeared immediately when the mandate was lifted around here. Bands are performing, the fair is going on, and so forth. I don't think another 'two weeks to flatten the curve' is going to play.

Reply to
rbowman

Show us your credible citations for your claim that the vaccinated transmit Covid at least as much as those who are unvaccinated. I call BS.

No surprise there that you'd just do as you please, put others at risk. And I have taken notice now that the right wingers have now started calling for civil disobedience. Maybe another insurrection is in order too? My how badly the US has fallen. Imagine the country trying to fight WWII with this kind of BS going on.

And funny how the right wingers think it's all about private property rights, the right of businesses to do as they please, when it comes to a baker refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding. But when a cruise ship company wants to require vaccination to go on a cruise, woooah there Pilgrim, that's horrible and has to be stopped by the govt imposing $5k per passenger fines? Go figure, the hypocrisy is mind boggling. The Republicans have just become a crazed, Jim Jones class, cult.

Reply to
trader_4

Only those not among the liberal Democratic elite can have super spreader event. Hispanics and blacks are the two demographics that are under-represented in the vaccination lines and they are presumably Democratic voters.

Reply to
rbowman

Regarding Covid vaccines, one group shouts, "My body, my choice!"

Regarding abortion, another group shouts, "My body, my choice!"

The two groups, shouting at each other across a divide as wide as the Grand Canyon, have something in common, but they can't figure out what it is.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

BTW, the last I heard, and I think it was prsented as the baker's original position also, the baker was willing to provide the cake, just not the additional icing, etc. with names on it.

FTR, I think the baker was within his rights. There are lots of places to buy cakes. If they had presented convincing evidence that no one in town would make the cake the way they wanted, that would have been different, but I don't think there was any effort to do that (since I think there are lots of people including bakers who have little or no objection, and not enough to turn down businss. although even then I'm not saying I would change my position, because his motivation was an established principle of his religion, and his religion was an estabished one, not one created just for this occasion, or because he was high on drugs.

Even if it was true, even if it coudl be shown that no other baker would do it, I don't think my mind would change. Anyone can learn in a few minutes how to ice a cake.

There were similar issues with photographers, caterers, and maybe rented rooms. The rented room people would have the weakest case, becaue they don't have to do anything.

Reply to
micky

And if they are caught they can feed the fishes!!!!

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Let me ask you the same that you ask others:

Show us your credible citations for your claim that "The Republicans have just become a crazed, Jim Jones class, cult".

You have a bad habit of putting all Republicans in the same 'deplorable basket'. Your bias is showing when you make generalizations.

I enjoy your well thought out opinions and retorts, but when you say things like this, I wonder how you sometimes come to informed, rational, un-biased opinions, and you lose credibility with me.

Do you put all classes of U.S. minorities in the same group? Are all Mexicans (oh, politically correct is Latinx, which is not at all liked by Latinos, who would rather be known as Hispanics, but so what, the Woke crowd, all three of them, has deemed that Latinx is the term to use). It's all so ridiculous, anyway.

It's all based on click-bait, and corporations that pretend that they care about social concerns. No, the care about profits. Period.

But by comparing Republicans to the Jim Jones cult, you are hyper-biased, and pre-judgemental. The CA hippee culture caused Jim Jone's success. I was there, and yeah, I know, the Jim Jones cult had nothing to do with politics. Many parents of children that followed Jim Jones tried to warn the San Francisco supervisors that Jones was a cultist and that his S.F. church should be investigated, were ignored.

Back to the point of my reply. Hippees weren't Dems or Repubs. They were just drugged out and impressionable and thought nirvana was achievable if one drank the Jim Jones cool-aid. Look where it got them. Too bad Jackie Speer came out of it.

Reply to
Mike

+2
Reply to