Main water line in house question?

Hello, I recently moved into a house and can't find the main water valve. I need to shut it off for a few minutes because of water hammer in the house. At least that was what i was told. Where is the valve for this usually located? Thanks.

Reply to
zcarenow

Find the round water shut off near the curb, the line entering the house *usually* goes striaght in from there. If you still can't find it call the water company and ask them.

If you do shut it off I doubt that will fix your water hammer problem.

Reply to
RayV

Start at the water heater and id the cold inlet and then trace it backwards. It should lead you to the service valve. You could always shut it off at the meter also.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT