Monsanto Wins Again!

NLP real main steam non useful stuff. Look at inspiration tab think like this comes to mind. Shabby.

Reply to
Bill who putters

more interested in pushing an agenda than providing facts.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

Reply to
Bill who putters

Thanks, Bill. I heard that Monsanto wasn't going to make rBGH anymore, so I figured that I didn't need to worry about pus in my milk anymore. American business model, "If you snooze, you lose." I should have figured that they would sell it.

From pus laden milk to nutrition-less sugar water

Mott's (Dr Pepper Snapple Group) wants to cut its labor costs, even as it is earning record profits.

"Dr Pepper Snapple Group, counters that the Mott¹s workers are overpaid compared with other production workers in the Rochester area, where blue-collar unemployment is high after years of layoffs at employers like Xerox and Kodak."

The company, which has 50 brands including 7Up and Hawaiian Punch, reported net income of $555 million in 2009, compared with a loss of $312 million the previous year. Its 2009 sales were $5.5 billion, down 3 percent.

August 28, 2006 "UBS, the investment bank, recently described the current period as ³the golden era of profitability.²"

Reply to
Billy

I have a sister inlaw who works for lipton (Snapple) Uninlever that showed me a graph of sugar and sales 20 years ago. Sugar up sales up. I think the only way out is REAL foods, Pollan is right on but who cares and Soylent green and similarly foods which are cheap loom. War of economic proportions with health care as a business partner and agribusiness devoid of connections to life.

Sad but the darkest hour is just before Dawn ( Mamas and Papas). Going out for pesto herbs now.

Reply to
Bill who putters

the drive to get rid of labor to boost profits is already having the effect of reducing the population of people with disposable income, or even the time to buy anything. We already work harder (productivity) and longer hours without vacations than any other country. This mentality is strangling the economy.

It is undoubtedly healthier to drink water than Motts anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo