Roy Underhill injured again.

I was watching his show this Sunday and saw where he had about 12 stitches in his right index finger. He was showing how to make male and female wood threads.
On 18/09/2006 4:27 PM, Tom wrote:

When he threaded his finger, were the threads male or female? I wonder which would hurt worse?
Of course Roy is injured again, it's another day. I do not think that I have ever seen him with out a band aid some where.
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:20:41 GMT, "Leon"

He's the Les Nessman of the woodworking shows.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Hardhats are in order if he ever conducts a "turkey drop".
Leon wrote:

Just as Mike Holmes advertises for Dewalt and Norm Abrahms hawks for Delta (or PC or whoever), Roy Underhill advertises for Johnson & Johnson.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 8:14:07 AM UTC-5, Joshua A. Lund wrote:

When I was coaching softball, many of the girls had t-shirts that said:
Scars are like tattoos but with better stories.
On 11/10/2017 7:14 AM, Joshua A. Lund wrote:

How many decades back was that comment?
"Joshua A. Lund" wrote in message

Roy himself jokes about it... His Y2K Tool Kit was in fact a small first aid kit. The contents include aspirin, alcohol wipes, iodine ointment, adhesive bandages... I just checked and all the contents in mine are out of date... ;~)
I reposted some photos to ABPW... did it back in 2005 but they are probably long gone!
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 4:24:19 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:

Looks awfully clean, no open packages, no blood anywhere.
My in-shop first aid kit consists of a roll of paper towels and a needle to remove splinters.... and some beers in the frig.
Sonny
"Sonny" wrote in message

This first-aid kit resides inside a hand-cut dovetailed box along with things like a Norm Abram autographed biscuit, L-N balsa wood glider, and other oddities I've acquired over the years... I knew Roy at Colonial Williamsburg when I worked there in the mid-80s and have encountered him occasionally over the years. For example, he participated in my club's woodworking show and also did a special program with us. He is fun to be around... funny but serious about what he is doing. The Y2K Tool Kit is a nice reminder of good times.
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 9:32:07 PM UTC-6, John Grossbohlin wrote:

An autographed Norm Abram biscuit is the best thing I've heard in a long time.
"Michael" wrote in message

I posted a photo to ABPW... It was clearly done as a tongue in check thing by Norm and his people... ;~)

Beer anywhere around sharp, spinning, machinery isn't a good idea. No beer, for me, anytime. Paper towels aren't going to cut it in my shop, anyway - more like a selection of tourniquets (blood thinners). ;-)
On Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:24:10 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

On a whim, I grabbed all headers for the group via Easynews and got fills back to August 2008. My archive on this computer goes back to 2004, but I did not save everything. I don't have your Y2K posts from 2005, but did save your series of veneering posts. While going through the posts I found lots of names sorely missed in the group today.
Somewhere in the house on one of my old backup drives I have files from as far back as 1997, perhaps even 1996, but it would take a lot of digging to find them. I might have your Y2K backed up there.
Regards, Roy
Tom wrote:

One time he taped a whole show with the chuck end of a spade bit sticking out of his head.

You know, I just had to come back to this post. It's 5 minutes since I first read it and I'm still laughing. Thanks!
--
Every complicated problem has a simple solution that doesn't work.

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
What show is this????This sounds like a must see so as I know what not to do...lol

Lee, it's "The Woodwright's Shop" (http://www.pbs.org/wws /) and without a doubt is it a must-see.
You might not learn what not to do though. Last week I smiled when close to the end of the show he finally noticed the cut I'd been watching since halfway through. "Look at that; I've cut myself again." He seemed annoyed, as if he thought he was on a roll for a new record (an entire show without cutting himself), and missed it again.
- Owen -