My jury-rigged jigsaw table thing

If you want a scroll saw, but your wallet suffers from a severe impaction, then a thing like this will either fill your scrolling needs or convince you to get out the crowbar. Either way, to me it's worth the price (pretty much free). I hope it at least amuses.

boorite

I have a scroll saw, but for some things this works better. I have had mine set up like this for years. Just a hole in the counter top for the blade and two counter-sunk flat head screws that fit into threaded holes in the base of my jigsaw. Set-up or take-down in a couple of minutes.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I had a Hersch (?) saw table (sic) many years ago that did this. You could mount a circular saw, jig saw, or router under the table.

Mike

boorite wrote:

Reply to
upand_at_them

Mine has clamps. Just slide the saw in and tighten the wing nuts.

Reply to
CW

I think it was upand_at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com who stated:

My Ryobi BT3100 table saw has a jigsaw adapter plate available . . . .

-Don

-- Pooder approved this post . . . .

Reply to
Don Fearn

but I couldn't get it to cut anything that resembled a straight line. Gave up and bought a cheapo HD bandsaw. Just recently gave that up and bought a used 16", 1.5hp Grizzly. (Still learning to only cry once...) Andy

Reply to
Andy

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

For a lower cost version, non electric see the latest Woodwork magazine. The web page shows a picture of it now, but not a real good one.

Joe Gorman

Cool, have to pick that up.

Found these 1954 PM tearouts for sale on eBay...

"Jigsaw from a Small Engine Block."

Reply to
boorite

Rats, until I looked at the pics I was thinking more of a Ford 289 running a saw to match David Marks' jointer:-0 Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Yeah, "small block" could mean a 350. That there would be for hardwoods.

Reply to
boorite

It has a design for an actual C-arm scroll saw, made mostly from wood, that uses a chearp jigsaw as the power source.

And if you are looking for a quiet scroll saw, one that runs like a sewing machine, how about making one form a sewing machine?

As I was looking at your web site, it occurred to me, that it was kind of a wimpy outfit. Now, if you had used a reciprocating saw instead of the jig saw...

Reply to
lwasserm

Now you're talking. Or maybe something gas-powered.

Reply to
boorite

You mean like a gas laser?

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

I was thinking more along the lines of a curb saw or chainsaw, but the laser is hard to pass up. I think I would have to decide based on which one would win in a fight.

Reply to
boorite

YEAH! That's IT! a CHAINSAW!. Why bother using a bandsaw for resawing? Why, with a table-mounted, vertically pointed bar chainsaw, and a tablesaw-like fence setup, except for wasting slightly more wood with the wide kerf, you'll be resawing like a saw mill! Imagine, you need a

2X6 or something, just cut down a tree and push it through your tablechainsaw! I've got an old Poulan out in the shed somewhere... I can hardly wait!
Reply to
lwasserm