Garden design, what do you think

hello,

I have just got a new house and as it is a new build the garden is just soil. I have drawn up this idea please let me know what you think and how hard it will be to create as i will be doing all the work myself. Any advice on how to get the water in front of the deck?? will it have to have a pump to keep the water moving?? thanks so much for your help. hope the attachment works ok

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: g.jpg | |Download:
ASHGRANT

why is the deck against the garage and not against the house someplace? Also, I would "square off" the deck, even if not just a rectangle. I think pointy ends to a deck look funny. Where is the street? Where is the neighboring house?

But, what the heck do I know?

Reply to
Wallace

Without knowing which direction the sun is, the prevailing wind, your proposed use of the space and a dozen other factors it is impossible to comment sensibly. Garden design is a matter of matching your wants and needs to the site and your budget, and if you are doing the work yourself to your ability too.

I assume that the water supply is at the house. A reasonably simple and cheap way to get it across the yard is using buried poly pipe attached to your garden tap but a hose might be just as good and cheaper unless you have much loss through evoporation or leakage. The water in a water feature will tend to grow algae and the look may not suit you in which case you need to deal with it. There are several ways to do this but I have had good reults with a circulating pump and a filter designed for the purpose. Another issue is whether you intend to have fish.

May I suggest a trip to the local library to borrow some books on garden and pond design.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

Without further info (see David Hare-Scott's post) I suggest you pave it over.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

My guess is- another post-and-run.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

why is the deck against the garage and not against the house someplace?

Also, I would "square off" the deck, even if not just a rectangle. I think

pointy ends to a deck look funny. Where is the street? Where is the neighboring house?

But, what the heck do I know?

Hello, well it is not my garage in the garden. It is over there as thats where the sun in for the longest time, and thought it looked good. Its a slight curve on the decking and yea i will take the pointy ends into account. The street is out the front of the house its a semi detached so garden nextdoor. thanks

ASHGRANT

nd from the deck, you can't see the flowers. What's with that?

Reply to
Billy